Chapter Forty Nine

Chapter Forty Nine- CHLOE’S P.O.V

Chloe stood in her old room and couldn’t help the flood of memories that rushed her. She hadn’t been in this room since the day her fathered died. She couldn’t help the anger and pain that she felt, not towards Aaron, but towards her father. She had realised after she had fallen pregnant with the twins what it felt like to be responsible for someone other than herself and the over protective feelings she had for her children, it was then that she realised just how bad a father her dad was. Despite all the pain and anger Chloe had caused after the accident her fathers should have been there for her. Defending her, protecting her, comforting her, being a father to her, instead he showed her nothing but hate and anger.

It was then that she realised what Aaron had been trying to tell her all along, that her father didn’t deserve her loyalty or her guilt. She had also started getting a better understanding of her wolf and understood what Aaron meant when he said he lost control of his wolf. Over the first few months after Chloe had left, she had done just that several time, granted she didn’t kill anyone when that happened, but she wanted too.

With that realisation came forgiveness, forgiveness towards Aaron for killing her father. She was about six months pregnant when she realised all of this and was ready to return to the Crystal Lake pack. She informed Jace of her decision.

***FLASHBACK***

Chloe was sitting on her bed rubbing her swollen stomach when Jace entered the room. Chloe looked up at him and smiled.

Smiling back at her Jace asked. “How are they doing today?” He said looking at her belly.

“They are very active this morning, I think they almost broke a rib when they kicked me.” She said chuckling softly.

Jace sat down on the bed beside her. “Maybe you should think about getting them into soccer when their old enough, sound like they would be good at kicking a ball”

Chloe chuckled again “Yeah maybe I should.” She paused for a moment considering her words before she spoke again. “I think I’m ready to return home.” She confessed.

She looked over at Jace and his face looked sad for a moment before it changed to regret.

“Chloe, Aaron has moved on.” Jace said placing a hand on her shoulder. “You know this, you have known for a couple months now. You had only been gone a couple of months before he found some one else, maybe it’s time for you to let go and move on too.” He suggested.

Chloe shook her head “I can’t Jace I love him.” She whispered. “He is going to be the father of my children, I can’t just let him go and move on to someone else.”

“Why not?” He asked her “He has!” He said raising his voice slightly. “Not only that, but from what I have heard he has also made it clear that he doesn’t want you returning there. Do you really want to take the risk of going back and having him hurt you or your unborn children? Come on Chloe you need to think about their safety,” Jace said placing a hand on her baby bump.

“He would never hurt his children.” Chloe whispered.

“Are you willing to risk their lives to find out?” Jace asked her.

Chloe sighed. “No, I would never do anything that would put them in danger.”

Jace wrapped an arm around her, pulled her to his side, and placed a gentle kiss on the side of her head. “Besides don’t you want him to be happy?” He asked Chloe “Aaron has moved on and found his happiness, if you return pregnant do you really think his girlfriend will like that? She would leave him and that would most likely destroy him.”