Chapter Twenty Seven

It was now eight thirty at night and Chloe’s dad had yet to show. They were all sitting in the lounge room waiting patiently for Chloe’s father to arrive. Well almost all of them were. Aaron stood from his seat next to Chloe and started pacing “He should have been here by now” He mumbled.

“His not that late son, maybe he got lost it’s not that easy to find this place.” Hayden said trying to sooth his son’s nerves.

“Do you think he’s ok?” Chloe asked worried he may have been in an accident.

“Chloe he’s fine, most likely missed the turn is all.” Hayden said.

The sounds of a car pulling up their dirt driveway stopped Aaron from pacing “Finally” he breathed out. He looked over at Chloe and sees the fear in her eyes, he quickly raced over and sat next to taking her hand in his.

“Hey it’s going to be ok” He said trying to sooth her “Your safe here”

Chloe nodded her head “Thanks” She said giving him a small smile “I needed to hear that.”

Aaron pecked her on the cheek “Any time”

Hayden and Lucy stood from their seats “I think it would be best if Hayden and I greeted him at the door and then bring him in here to see you” Lucy said.

“Ok.” Chloe said softly.

Aaron watched as his parents walked out the room, he heard as they opened the door and introduced themselves to Chloe’s Farther.

It didn’t take long for the stench of alcohol to hit his nose. He couldn’t help scrunching his nose up in disgust.

“What?” Chloe asked him.

“Nothing I can just smell the alcohol on him, I don’t like the smell is all”

He watched as Chloe’s face paled “Oh no his been drinking” She said softly.

Before Aaron could say anything to comfort her, his parents and Chloe’s dad walked into the room.

“Sorry I’m late got held up “He slurred as he walked into the room. Aaron could see him sway a bit.

Aaron watched as he walked into the room. He had two black eyes and his nose was swollen as well as his lips. He was a little disappointed that he didn’t do worse damage to him.

“That’s fine.” Hayden said. “Why don’t we take seat and get straight down to why we have asked you here”

Chloe’s dad nodded his head and took a seat on the single seated lounge Hayden had pointed too. As he was sitting her looked over to Aaron.

“You! “He said to Aaron.

Chloe looked over at Aaron and frowned “How does he know you?” She asked.

“His the little prick that did this to my face” Chloe’s father screamed.

“You need to calm down” Hayden said to Chloe’s father at the same time Chloe said “You did that to him?” to Aaron

 Aaron looked at Chloe's fathers face before looking at Chloe. “Er I may have gone and visited him.” Aaron said as he scratched his head.

“What, Why?” Chloe asked as she moved away from Aaron

“Because he deserved it for everything he had done to you.” Aaron said honestly.

He watched as a tear slipped from her eye. "How could you?" She whispered before She quickly turned away to look at her father.