Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Aaron woke the next morning by the sounds of Ben’s voice in his head.

“Hey Aaron! where you at man?” Ben asked through the mind link.

Aaron groaned and rolled over berrying his face in his pillow “In my bed sleeping, well I was sleeping until some annoying person woke me,” Aaron said back through the mind link.

Aaron could hear Ben’s laughter in his head “Sorry man, I thought since where not going to school today that maybe we could go for a run?”

“I can’t man Chloe’s here remember?”

“Yeah I know that’s why I woke you up so early,” Ben explained. “Come on it will do you some good to run off some stress”

Aaron groaned, He knew Ben was right. With the talk he will be having with Chloe today about going home, he wanted to make sure he was as calm as possible.  “Alright, I will meet you down stairs,” He said.

“ Cool be quick though i’m already waiting at the front door for you” Ben said

Aaron crawled out of bed, he pulled on a pair of board shorts that were on the floor over his boxes, and headed for his bedroom door, he didn’t bother putting anything else on since he will only be taking it off again when he got down stairs.

He walked out of his room and over to Chloe’s door. He listened for any sounds that would tell him she was awake. When he didn’t hear anything he headed down stairs to meet up with Ben.

“Hey Man” Aaron said to Ben when he walked out the front door. Ben was standing over near the tree line of the woods.

“Dude what took you so long?” Ben asked

Aaron shrugged “I wanted to check on Chloe before I came down here”

Ben rolled his eyes He turned away from Aaron and faced the woods. “Fair enough” He pulled his shorts down and threw them next to a tree “Well come on let’s get a run in before she wakes up” Ben told Aaron.

Aaron watched Ben change into his wolf and was about to pull his shorts off when he heard a gasp behind him. He quickly turned to see Chloe standing at the door staring at Ben.

“H...h..he” She started stuttering pointing her finger at Ben.

Aaron held his hands up trying not to make any sudden moves and freak his mate out more “It’s ok Chloe his not going to hurt you”

Chloe took her eyes off Ben and looked at Aaron and screamed “He just turned into a freaking wolf!"

“Shh it’s ok, if you calm down I will explain everything to you,” Aaron said taking a small step toward her.

Chloe took a step bake shaking her head “That’s not possible,” She said looking back at Ben, who had now turned and was looking at her.

“Please Chloe just let me explain” Aaron pleaded taking another step towards her.

Chloe took another step back stumbling over her feet, she started to fall back and was about to hit the ground but Aaron used his wolf speed and caught her around the waist before she did. Chloe stared wide eye at Aaron, he could see how scared she was.

“Who are you people?” She asked. Once Aaron had placed Chloe on her, feet she turned around and pushed him away from her “Don’t touch me!” She told him.

“Please just calm down I know it’s hard to take in, but I will explain everything too you, I just need you to calm down” Aaron begged again.

“Calm down! Is that all you can say? How can you expect me to be calm? Your friend just turned into a wolf and you, you” She threw her hands in the air “I don’t even know what you just did” she said taking several more steps back, she stopped once she reached the bottom of the stairs.