Chapter Twenty Eight

The next morning Aaron walked into the kitchen to get himself some breakfast. He walks into the room and noticed Chloe was sitting at the table pushing her food around on her plate with her fork. She looked about a million miles away in thought.

Aaron sat down across from her at the table. “Hey” He said softly to her.

Chloe didn’t say anything to him she just continued to play with her food.

Aaron cleared his throat “Look I’m sorry about what I did to your dad.”

Chloe looked up and stared at him for a long time before speaking. “I don’t believe you.” She said softly before looking down at her plate again.

Aaron blew out his breath. “You’re right I’m not sorry about what I did to him, he deserved what he got.” He stretched his arm across the table and took hold of Chloe’s hand only to have her pull it away from him. “But I am sorry that I have hurt you by doing what I did. I don’t want you to hate me Chloe”

Chloe looked at Aaron with no emotion showing in her eyes what so ever. “Whatever.” She said as she stood from her seat. “Thanks for breakfast Lucy.” Chloe said before walking out of the room.

Aaron slumped in is seat and sighed. “She hates me now.”

Lucy walked over and patted his back in an attempt to comfort him. “Give her some time. I think she is just confused about everything at the moment.”

“Why does she defend him?” Aaron whispered.

Lucy shrugged “He’s her father Aaron, despite what his done to her. He is and will always be her father the only family that she has left.”

“No his not” Aaron sat standing from his seat. “We are her family now.” Aaron stormed out of the room in search of his mate. He followed her sent to the front door. Opening the door, he walked outside but couldn’t see his mate anywhere. Sniffing the air he noticed her sent lead in the direction of the driveway.

He started walking down the driveway the rocks and dirt crunching under his bare feet. “Aaron!” He looked over his shoulder to see Zoe running after him. “Hey” She said as she reached him.

“Hey” Aaron mumbled.

“Where are you going?” Zoe asked.

Aaron shrugged “Looking for Chloe.”

“Oh ok” They continued to walk in silence for a bit “Ryder told me about what happened with her farther.” She looked over at Aaron “Do you want to talk about it?”

Aaron scrunched his nose up “Not really.” Aaron looked ahead of him and realised he was catching up to Chloe. He quickens his pace “Chloe!” He called out her.

Chloe turned around and noticed them behind her but instead of stopping she turned back around and increased her speed.

“Someone’s not happy” Zoe mused.

“Ya think?” Aaron asked sarcastically.

“I take it you beating daddy didn’t go down to well with her.”

“Aaron sighed, “You would be correct.” Aaron took his eyes off his mate for a moment to look at Zoe “Look I need to talk to her alone if that's alright. Was there something you wanted?”

Zoe shook her head “Nope just thought I would see what you were up too. I will catch up with you later at the pack party.”

Aaron groaned, “I forgot about that.”