Chapter Forty

Chapter Forty – CHLOE’S P.O.V

Chloe watched in fear as Aaron Broke her father’s neck, she screamed out in pain when she realised that he was now dead.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOO! DAAAADY!” She cried

She scrambled to her feet, ran over to her father, and picked his body up in his arms. She felt around and tried to find a pulse when she couldn’t find one she looked at Aaron who was still standing there in his wolf form

“What have you done?” She screamed out at him. She let go of her father, and stormed over to Aaron, and started punching his wolf repeatedly.

“You killed him! You killed him! I hate you! I hate you!” She screamed over and over again.

Strong hands wrapped around her body and lifted her off the ground.

“Calm down Chloe” Hayden’s voice said. “You need to calm down or you will lose control of your wolf,” He warned.

“I don’t care!” She screamed “He killed my father!”

“I know and I’m sorry, but it wasn’t his fault he only did it to protect you.” Hayden said.

Chloe wiggled out of his hold until she was free. She turned around and looked at Hayden before looking at Aaron “He didn’t have to kill him” She said before turning around and running into the house and up the stairs too her room she slammed the door shut and flung herself onto the bed and let herself cry over the loss of her father.

She heard a knock on the door but ignored it not wanting to see any one right now.

She heard the door open and cursed herself for not locking it.

“Chloe” She heard Jace say, “Are you alright?”

Chloe sniffed before lifting herself up on the bed and looking back at Jace standing at the door.

“No I’m not ok” She told him.

Jace walked into the room and closed the door behind him. “What happened?” He asked her walking over to sit beside her on her bed.

“He killed him” She sobbed, “He killed my father.”

Jace frowned “Who killed your father?” He asked.

“Aaron” She said softly “I need to get away I can’t stay here I can’t be around him anymore. I hate him for what his done” She said before the dam burst again and she broke down even more crying.

Jace wrapped his arms around her “Shh it’s ok, everything is going to be ok” He told.

She pulled away and looked at him “No it’s not Jace, my father is dead and now I have no one.” She tells him.

Jace brushes a strand of hair away from her face “That’s not true” He tells her. “You have me.”

Chloe wiped the tears from her face “Thanks Jace” She said softly.

“Listen” Jace says sitting up and looking at her “If you want to get away I know some where you can go, my uncle is in a pack a few hours away. I’m sure his Alpha would let us stay there until you feel ready to face Aaron again.” He tells her.

“I don’t think I will ever want to see him again.” She tells him honestly.

“Well if that’s the case I’m sure he will let you join his pack.”

Chloe looked at him for a while before speaking “But how will I get away? I don’t have a car and if they know what I’m planning on doing they will stop me.” She asks.

“Don’t worry about it, you can take my car. I will give you the directions to get to the pack house and once everything settles down here I will come there and meet up with you so you won’t have to be alone.”

“I can’t take your car Jace” she said softly.

Jace waves her off “Of course you can, You will just be borrowing it until I meet up with you. I will take it back when I get there.” He looked at her for a moment “What do you say? Do you want to go to my uncle’s pack?”

Chloe thought about it for a moment before nodding “Yeah ok.”

Jace smiled “Ok quickly pack a bag and wait til everyone goes to bed” he pulls out a set of keys from his pocket and hands it to her. “I will put the direction to the pack house in my car’s glove compartment.” He tells her. "I will go and call my uncle now and let him know that you are coming."

He leans over and places a kiss on her head “Drive safely and I will see you soon” He tells her before getting up and walking out of the room. Chloe was so out of it she didn’t see the huge smile that was plastered on his face.

It was two thirty in the morning and it sounded like most of the pack had gone to bed. Chloe made sure, once Jace had left the room to lock the door so she wouldn't have any more visitors. People kept knocking throughout the night, she just sat there and ignored them. They eventually gave up trying to get her to open the door a couple hours ago.

Reaching under her bed, she pulled out the backpack she had packed her cloths in and headed for the bedroom door. Opening the door slowly she listened for any sign of anyone being nearby. When she heard nothing she opened the door all the way and stepped out and quietly made her way down the hall to the staircase and out the front door.

She made it to Jace’s truck and let out the breath she was holding. No one had stopped her. She was about to reach for the door handle of Jace's truck, when a figure stepped out from behind the truck almost making her scream.

"It's ok Chloe, it's just me." Just whispered. "I had to make sure you got off alright."

Holding a hand to her chest she let out a deep breath. "Jace you scared the crap out of me."

Jace walked closer to her and smiled. "Sorry."

As he got closer Chloe noticed his face. "Oh my Jace what's happened to your face?" She asked him.

Jace raised one of his hands and touch the spot on his face that was bruised and swollen. "It's nothing just a friendly reminder from Aaron to stay away from his girl." Jace said with a shrug.

"What?" Chloe said taking a step towards him, she raised her hand and lightly touched his swollen face. "Why would he do that?" She asked.

Jace shrugged again. "His been threatening me ever since I have gotten here. He doesn't like you being friends with me, so he told me I wasn't't aloud to hang out with you. When I didn't't listen he did this." He said pointing to his face.

"That jerk." Chloe whispered yelled. "What right does he have doing that to you. I should go up there to his room right now and beat the crap out of him for everything he's done." She said taking a step in the direction of the pack house.

"No!" Jace said quickly grabbing her arm and leading her back to his truck. "It's fine really., besides if you go up there now, you wont be able to leave."

Chloe sighed "Yeah I guess you're right." She looked at him "Thanks Jace you really are a good friend." She gave him a big hug before reaching for the door handle and opening the car door and climbing in it, she started it immediately and after taking one last look at Jace she smiled and took off down the drive way. She didn’t bother looking in the rear view mirror at the pack house. She never wanted to see it, or the people who lived there again. She was leaving for good and had no desire to ever return.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guy's, ok so I know I told you yesterday that this was going to be the last chapter but I did some thinking and decided that I will just join the next part onto this story. I was just worried that it would would be too confusing. So tomorrow I will be posting a new chapter like usual. 

Sorry again.

Thanks heaps to every one who has voted, fanned and commented. Also thank you for reading my story. I really do appreciate it. :-)

wolflover2012 :-)