Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five

Aaron and Chloe walked into the kitchen to find his mother sitting at the table waiting for them. She had already place a plate of sandwiches on the table for them to eat before they had the talk.

Lucy looked at both of them "Eat you both must be famished."

Chloe sat down next to Aaron. They both grabbed a sandwich each and started eating.

"Thank you Lucy" Chloe said after she swallowed her first bite.

Lucy gave Chloe a gentle smile. Aaron looked at his mother wondering why she was acting strange. "Is something wrong mum?" He asked her.

Lucy cleared her throat before speaking “Ok so we have had a little bump in the road  yesterday but I still think we need to talk about your living arrange Chloe” Lucy said looking at her.

“My living arrangements?” Chloe asked softly.

Lucy nodded her head “Yes your living arrangements. I understand why you feel you should stay with your dad.” Lucy paused for moment thinking. “No actually that’s a lie I don’t understand, but I know you feel you need to stay with him. Am I right?”

Chloe looked over at Aaron feeling unsure about how he will react to her answer, Swallowing loudly she said “Yes that’s right.” Chloe noticed Aaron clench his teeth together as a small growl escaped him.

Aaron couldn’t believe what he was hearing, after everything she told him she still wanted to go back to her father. Well no way was he going to let that happen.

“Aaron stay calm and let me talk to her.” His mother’s voice said through the mind link.

Clenching his teeth together he looked at his mum “Fine, but if you can’t change her mind I’m stepping in” He said back to her through the mind link.

“That’s fair” Lucy replied.

Turning her attention back to Chloe Lucy asked. “Would you consider the possibly of staying here? The room you are in now could become your permitted room. You would be safe here and not have to worry about people trying to hurt you.”

Chloe looked at Lucy shocked “You would let me move in here?”

“Yes” Both Aaron and Lucy said at the same time.

“What about my dad?” Chloe asked.

Aaron was ready to lose it when Chloe mentioned her dad and had to rein himself and his wolf in.

“I’m sure your dad will be fine on his own” Lucy answered her.

Chloe shock her head “You don’t understand he won’t be fine without me, he doesn’t know how to cook or wash his cloths he would be helpless without me there to help him”

Aaron stood from his chair and started to pace back and forth behind Chloe “Your telling me that you don’t have a problem going back to your father after everything he did because he can’t take care of himself” Aaron asked his voice low, he could feel himself ready to explode but he did his best to hold it in.

“He’s my father Aaron.” Chloe said softly. “Despite what you think it’s my fault his like this. I won’t abandon him because he feels he needs to punish me for what I had done”

“YOU DON’T DESERVE TO BE PUNISHED!” Aaron screamed out at her causing her to flinch at the tone of his voice.

Aaron noticed her flinch and took a few deep breaths to calm down. Once he felt more in control he got down on one knee in front of her, taking her hand in his, looking her straight in the eyes so she would see the truth of his words. “You deserved to be loved and cherished and looked after,” He said softly to her.