Chapter Thirty Three

Aaron parked his car in the school parking lot not even caring about the fact that he had taken up two spaces. He was praying that his hunch was right, that Chloe had come to school. She had every other time her dad hurt her and that would explain why she wasn't't at home so early in the morning. If he was wrong and she wasn't here he would check the hospital next.  He jumped out of his car and ran towards the school entrance ignoring all the strange looks from the students still hanging around in the parking lot. As soon as he reached inside, he spotted Ryder and Zoe leaning against his locker.

He raced over to them “Hey guys have either of you seen Chloe this morning?”

Ryder and Zoe looked at each other before looking back at Aaron. “Yeah sure, she was getting to school just as we were pulling into the parking lot.

Aaron let out a deep breath and closed his eyes. “Thank you” He whispered in relief.

“Are you ok Aaron?” Zoe asked.

Aaron opened his eyes and looked at her. “How did she seem when you saw her?” He asked ignoring her question.

Zoe shrugged “Fine I guess. Why?”

Aaron shook his head. “She went home last night.”

He heard Zoe gasp. “That’s where she went? why?

“I don’t know” He said shaking his head “But I just came from her place and I know she’s been hurt.”

“What do you mean? How do you know?” Zoe asked concern for her friend could be heard in her voice.

“Her bed had blood all over it.”

“We need to find her.” Zoe said taking hold of Aaron's arm and dragging him away from his locker.

“Where do you think she might be?” He asked Zoe.

She shrugged “probably already at her first class. She normally gets there early and just sits and waits for class to start.”

“Ok where’s her first class?” He asked her. Aaron was feeling a little guilty that he hadn’t taken the time to know her class schedule.

Zoe pulled his arm “Cone on it’s this way. She has Art first up.”

They took a few more steps but were stopped when Mason stepped out in front of them. “Well look who decided to show up for school.” He sneered.

Aaron sneered back “What’s wrong Mason aren’t you glad to see me?”

Zoe tugged on Aaron’s arm. “We don’t have time for this Aaron.

Aaron pulled his arm out of Zoe’s hold. His wolf was on edge and was in no mood to be challenged by anyone. He wasn’t walking away from Mason, if he wants to start something with Aaron, he will make sure he finishes it.

Mason snorted in disgust . “Why would I be glad to see a freak like you? “

Aaron growled and took a step closer to Mason. “I would watch how you speak to me wouldn’t want to have to knock you unconscious again because your too stupid to watch your mouth.” Aaron warned.

Mason took a step closer as well, he was putting on a brave face but Aaron could smell the fear coming off him. “I’m not scared of you freak.” Mason said.

Their school mate’s started to crowd around them in a circle hoping to witness a fight.

Aaron barked out a laugh. “Oh really?” He pretended to throw a punch at Masons face and watched as the guy flinched back, making Aaron and the crowd laugh.