Chapter Forty Six

Chapter Forty Six

The next morning Aaron woke just as the sun started to rise, he rolled over and kissed Jane on the head.

“Good morning Beautiful he said to her.

Jane groaned. “What time is it?” She asked him.

“It’s still pretty early, I’m going to get up and double check everything is ready for Ben and his mates arrival. If you could meet me down at my office around seven thirty so your there for their arrival that would be great.” He said kissing her on the head again, before crawling out of bed and walking into the bathroom for a quick shower.

As soon as he was dressed, he walked down to the kitchen to grab a quick bite to eat before he got started on his work.

“Morning mum.” He said as he walked into the kitchen.

Lucy turned and smiled at him “Morning son, did you sleep well.”

Aaron nodded before snatching a piece of cooked bacon off the plate on the counter.

“Hey don’t touch that.” Lucy said smacking Aaron softly on the back of the head.

“Ouch mum” Aaron said in mock hurt to her.

“Listen I’m glad I got to see you before everyone else got up there’s something I need to tell you.” His mother said turning away from the sizzling bacon cooking on the stove and looking at her son.

“Your father and I have decide to take a holiday,” She said. Aaron could see the excitement in her face.

“That’s great mum, when are you leaving?” Aaron asked.

“Tomorrow afternoon” Lucy told him.

Aaron choked on the piece of bacon he was chewing on. Lucy reached over and started patting him on the back.

“So soon.” Aaron said once he stopped chocking “How long will you be gone for?” He asked.

“Not long, for only about a week” She told him

Aaron frowned “I’m going to need to find someone to take care of cooking the meals.” Aaron said.

“Well I thought this would be a good opportunity for Jane to start taking on more of the Alpha female role. I won’t be able to keep doing it for ever.” Lucy told him.

“I don’t know if she would like that.” Aaron said softly.

“You’re going to have to find out, besides if she’s not up to the job then you’re going to need to find somebody who is, you won’t be able to run this pack by yourself forever Aaron, you’re going to have to find an Alpha female eventually” She patted her son on his head. “I would like to retire one day soon.” She kissed him on the cheek before turning back to the food cooking on the stove.

Aaron sighed “I guess you’re right.” He told his mother. He already knows Jane won’t like being made to do all the cooking for the pack house but his mum was right, Aaron can’t run this pack house for ever on his own and his mother does deserve a break from doing it.

“I will talk to Jane after Ben and his mate get’s here.” He said giving his mum a kiss on the head.

“Good Luck.” Lucy said.

“I’m going to need it.” Aaron grumbled.

He was just about to steal another piece of bacon from the plate when the sound of cars driving up the driveway got his attention.

“There here!” he said to his mother. He walked out the kitchen to the front door, opening it, he was greeted by Ben and a red head girl who he assumed was Ben’s mate.