Chapter Four

Chapter Four

“Hey Aaron what took you so long?” Ben called out from his seat at their lunch table.

Aaron scanned the room and noticed his mate was sitting at a table by herself in the far corner of the room. Aaron frowned before replying to Ben. “No reason” He said with a shrug. He looked over at Zoe who was in the process of sticking her tongue down Ryder’s throat.

“Hey Zoe” He said through the mind link.

“mmm” Was all she said back to him.

“My mate is sitting in the corner by herself, go over there, and sit with her.” He says.

“Sure, how come you’re not?” She asked still using the mind link as she pulled back from Ryder and looked across the room at Aaron’s mate.

“I will after you do, I don’t want the rest of the guy’s knowing she’s my mate yet.”

She looks at Aaron, raises, and eyebrow at him “Why not?” She asks still using the mind link so the other’s won’t hear her.

“I don’t know why, I just don’t ok?” he said, feeling a bit irritated at her question.” Can you just do that for me please?” He begged

He watched Zoe give Ryder a quick peck on the lips “I’m going to go sit with that girl over there.” She says as she stands from her seat and makes her way over to Aaron’s mate.

Ryder looks at Aaron confused “Huh what’s that all about?’

Aaron shrugs “She’s just being nice to her; it seems the whole school is out to get her, she could really use a couple of friends.” He explained hoping he wasn’t giving away the fact that she was his mate.

Ryder shrugged “Cool” He stood from his seat and walked over to Zoe and his mate.

Aaron looked at Ben and Ella “You guys coming?” he asked as he started to walk over to his mate’s table. He heard as his friend stood up behind him and started to follow. But before he reached his mate's table, Scarlett walked up to him and stopped him from walking by placing her hand on his arm.

“Hi Aaron would you and your friends like to come sit with me?” She asked seductively.

he took in the sight of her face which was already starting to bruise. He forced himself not to laugh as the memories of the ball hitting her face replayed in his mind.

Aaron pulled his arm out of her hand, annoyed that Holly and she kept touching him. “No, my friends and I are sitting over there.” He nods his head in the direction of his mate table.

Scarlett frowned as she looked at the direction he indicated. “Oh Aaron you don’t want to sit there, she’s a freak” Aaron growled softly at hearing her call his mate a freak. “And will only ruin your reputation at this school” Scarlett said continuing oblivious to Aaron's slowly rinsing anger. She grabs hold of his arm and starts pulling him away from his mate’s table. “Come on sit with me and my friends you will be thanking me later that you did”

Aaron pushed Scarlett away from him “Stop touching me you leech” He said in a low threatening voice, “I could care less what the people of this school think of me, I’m sitting over there” He says pointing a finger at his mates table where all his friends were now sitting watching him with Scarlett “So deal with it” He finished saying before walking away from her.

He finally reaches the table and takes a seat directly across from his mate. Not caring that his back was too the entire room. He could hear Zoe attempting to talk to his mate.