Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Zoe frowned at Aaron when he entered the room “What took you so long? And why can I smell blood on you?” She asked.

Aaron shrugged “A couple of guys thought they would try and gang up on me”

Zoe raised her eyebrow at him “And how did that work out for them?”

Aaron laughed softly “Let’s just say their having a nice little nap at the moment”

Chloe just shook her head.

“Is there any reason why you two aren’t paying attention in my class?” the coach shouted out.

Aaron shook his “No, sorry sir”

Coach nodded his “Good pay attention. Now like I was saying today we will be heading out to the field and running laps”

The class groaned.

“Stop you’re complaining and get out there,” The coach shouted.

Aaron started walking out when he noticed Chloe was missing “Hey Zoe where’s Chloe?”

“Hmm” She asked lost in thought “Oh she's at the library Mrs B wrote up a note for her excusing her from sports”

“Oh ok”

They walk the rest of the way to the field and started running side-by-side, being werewolf’s they were both good at running, they kept their pace at a normal human pace though, they didn’t want the humans to suspect anything was different about them.

“So what happened with Holly and Scarlett after I left you yesterday?” Aaron asked Zoe.

“Oh nothing much” She said shrugging

Aaron looked at her “Really then how come their not at school today?”

Zoe started giggling, “Ok so I may have broken both their noses”

Aaron smiled at her “Was that all?”

“Hmm, oh I did threaten that if they told anyone that it was me that I be back and they would need a plastic surgeon to fix their face by the time I was done with them.”

“Obviously they took that threat seriously since you’re not suspended” Aaron remarked “If only they took the threat about leaving Chloe alone seriously”

“Yeah” Zoe agreed.

The finished their last laps and went to their locker rooms to change before heading to their next class.

Aaron walked into his maths class to see his mate sitting in the back row staring out the window. He sat down beside her.

“Hey, how was the library?” He asked.

“Fine” She said not looking away from the window.

Aaron was about to speak when Ella interrupted him by talking through the mind link

“Hey Aaron”

“Yeah”

“I was just looking through some yearbooks in the library and I found something you might want to see” Ella said

“Yeah what is it?” He asked

“Come to the library before heading to the cafeteria at lunch and I will show you”

Aaron groaned in his head “Can’t you just tell me now?”

“Nope” She said

He groaned again “Fine, I will be there after the bell rings”