Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

Aaron sat there patiently and waited for Chloe to speak, he watched as she stood up from sitting on the bed and started pacing in front of him. She would open her mouth to speak only to have nothing come out and close it up again.

After about five minutes of her doing this, Aaron stood and gently grabbed her on the arm “Hey, why don’t you come sit down”

He pulled her gently back to the bed. “I know your nervous about telling me, but I promise I won’t hate you ok, you can tell me anything “he said to her as they both sat back down on his bed.

Chloe nodded her head “Ok, where do you want me to start?” She asked nervously.

“How about from the start” He suggested.

She nodded again “ok”

She took a deep breath and swallowed “As you probably already figured out I was once popular at school, there was three of us who were like the top people of the school.”

She took a shaky breath. “My brother Cole was the guy every girl wanted” She smiled softly “He was smart, funny and was always making someone laugh, he was never mean to anyone” Chloe paused and swallowed loudly, Aaron was about to speak when she said “Everyone loved him” So softly he barely heard it.

Chloe sniffed and wiped the tear that had escaped. “Then there was Kate, she was outgoing and athletic, all they guys wanted her, she had short blond hair and sparkling blue eyes, she was perfect.” Chloe cleared her throat. “Her parents were very stricked, so she would have to say she was staying over my place to study when there was a party she wanted to go too. Her dad is the mayor here so she was well known by the whole town.” More tears escaped her eyes but she was too busy staring off into space to realise or care.

“Then of course there was me.” Taking a deep breath she continue. “I had been dating Mason for years so I wasn’t as popular with the guy’s as Kate was because they all knew I was off limits. That didn’t stop a few from trying of course. I was more of a tag along most time, my brother and Kate where the ones everyone really loved." She wiped her eyes and looked at Aaron. 

"One night Kate stayed over because Mason was having a party.”She lowered her eyes and looked at her hands that were sitting on her lap. “It was going to be the party of the year, Mason had managed to score all this alcohol from his uncle who had just came to town to visit, so we were all so excited.”

She smiled at the memories for a moment before closing her eyes “Cole and I shared a car, mum and dad could only afford to buy one between the two of us, which didn’t really matter to us because we usually were going to the same place anyway. “ She cleared her throat “We climbed out of my bedroom window. Cole had put the ladder up against the roof that afternoon so we could get down. I got into the driver’s seat, Cole got into the back and Kate got into the passenger seat beside me” Chloe let out a sob “I wasn’t driving that fast because I didn’t want to be pulled over and busted for sneaking out. Cole started complaining about the music I was playing, he undid his seat belt and leaned over and changed it, despite me telling him not too.” Chloe squeezed her eyes shut tightly and started to sob uncontrollably. "So stupid I should of just let him play whatever music he wanted too."

“Hey” Aaron said taking her in his arms and hugging her. His wolf wanted him to tell her to stop, but Aaron needed to know what had happened. He couldn’t help his mate if he didn’t know the truth.

“I’m sorry” Chloe said still sobbing. She pulled her head back and wiped the wet patch she had caused on his shirt.

“Hey don’t be sorry, if you want you don’t have to tell me.” He told her.