Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

Aaron sat in front the small stream and watched as the water floated by. He could hear the sound of the water falling over the small waterfall. He doesn’t know why he choose this spot to come and think. But when he raced out of the house and changed into his wolf he felt his body being pulled in this direction.

It was hard for him to imagine that it was only yesterday that he was here with Chloe on their first date. It was a perfect first date. They both laughed and played in the water. The hot kiss they shared, it was perfect.

He closed his eyes and tried to stop the tears that were falling down his face from his eyes. He knew having a mate was a bad idea, that's why he never wanted one. But once he laid eyes on her he couldn’t walk away, he couldn’t give up on her and now look what not walking away has don’t to her.

He can’t get the image out of his head when he was fighting the first brown wolf that attacked her. He heard her piercing scream and looked over in her direction to see another brown wolf biting down on her arm. The amount of blood she had lost he thought for sure she wouldn’t have survived.

He knew what he had to do now. What he should have done when he first met her. He has to let her go.

Someone approaching him from behind caught his attention. He turned around and once his eyes laid on the person standing there the dam broke, tears poured from his eyes and he started to sob. Luke one of my mothers child hood friends stood there stared at me with sad eyes. He was changed into a werewolf around the same time my mum was. He didn't have a choice though, one of his mums phycotic classmates kidnapped and changed him. His twin sister Linda was a werewolf too, she was changed a couple years after Aaron was born. She  doesn't talk much though, after Aaron's mother's brother who happened to be Linda's mate died, she kind of  lost the plot and barely talks to anyone.

 Aaron felt Luke's Strong arms wrapped around him. “Hey it’s going to be ok Aaron, she is going to be ok.”

Aaron didn’t care that he was crying like a girl. He shook his head “It’s not ok nothing is ok. She could have died because of me Luke. I can’t put her in danger anymore.”

Luke pulled back from the hug and looked at him “What are you talking about Aaron?”

Aaron brought the back of his hand up to his face and wiped away the tears. “It’s over. I’m rejecting her as my mate.”

Luke sucked in a huge breath unable to believe what he just heard. “You can’t do that Aaron, she is going to need you now more than ever.”

Aaron stood up from the ground not caring that he was standing there naked in front of Luke. “I am doing that. The longer she spends with me the more danger she will be in. You should understand where I’m coming from. You were there, you witnessed what my parents went through. I can’t do that to her Luke, I just cant.” Shaking his head Aaron walks away from the water and Luke.

“Aaron!” Luck shouted out his name to get his attention. He turned and looked back at him.

“She is going to go through the change very soon. she needs you there supporting her. How will you live with yourself if you turn away from her at a time when she needs you the most?” Luke asked.

Aaron felt his heart break even more at the thought that Chloe was now going to be a werewolf when he knew she didn’t want to be. He cleared his throat. “She will be ok. Mum and my friends will be there for her. She doesn’t need me.”

“Bullshit!” Luke screamed at him.

Aaron ignored him and continued to walk away from Luke. He felt a hand on his arm before he was flung around to face Luke.