Chapter Thirty Nine

Chapter Thirty Nine

They had been running for a couple hours when Aaron convinced Chloe that they should go home.

It wasn’t easy to talk to her since she wasn’t connected to the pack mind link yet. So every time he wanted to talk to her he had to change back into human form and tell her what he wanted to say, and if she needed to speak, she would do the same.

They had just reached the edge of the woods near the pack house when Aaron noticed the police car parked in the driveway. Not knowing if Chloe had seen it he tackled her wolf to the ground. He then changed back to his human form and spoke quietly.

“There’s a police car parked out the front of the pack house.” He told her.

He waited for her to change back into her human form. If the police would have seen them now they would have been given curious looks, a guy laying on top of a girl both naked.

“Why are they there?” Chloe asked.

“I don’t know, I will see if mum will tell me through the mind link.” He told her.

Chloe nodded her head, he could tell she was thinking the same thing. That the police were here for her.

“Mum” Aaron said .“Why is there a police car at the pack house?”

“Aaron is Chloe with you?” Lucy asks through the mind link.

“Yeah we are at the edge of the woods wanting to know If it’s safe to come out.” He told his mother.

“No it’s not safe, the police are here to charge Chloe with assault, and it doesn’t look good Aaron.”

“What do we do?” He asked

“Stay hidden until they leave.” Lucy tells him.

Aaron looks at Chloe. “The police are here to arrest you.” He tells her, he watches as tears form In her eyes.

“Oh god.” She whispers.

Aaron holds her to him “Shh were not going to let them take you. We will just wait her until they leave.”

“What if they don’t leave?” Chloe says.

“Well we will think of something don’t worry.”

“I’m so stupid I shouldn’t have gone to school today.”

Aaron shook his head. “It wouldn’t have mattered what day you went to school the same thing would have happened. They were gunning for you today. My teacher even kept me back in class to keep me from you.” He explained.

“Why can’t they just leave me alone?” She asked.

Aaron kissed the top of her head. “I don’t know why Chloe, but I will think of something to help you. We are in this together.”

It had started to get dark and the police were still at the pack house, Aaron sighed sick of sitting there waiting. He looked over at Chloe who was watching the house like a hawk he could tell she was on edge her wolf would still be worked up from the incident at school today.

Aaron stood up from sitting on the ground and held his hand out too his mate “Come on lets go for a walk while we wait. I’m sick of just sitting here.”

Chloe took his hand and stood up next to him they had just started walking away from the pack house when the sound of the front door opening had stopped them in their tracks.

“Give us a call if she comes here” They heard the officer say.

“Will do officer.” Hayden said.