Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

The next morning Aaron woke up and got ready early, he sends a quick message to his friends through the mind link before he left the pack house alone.

“Hey guys can you catch a ride to school with the girls I heading in early”

“Yeah no worries man “Ryder replied.

Aaron jumped into his car and took off onto town as fast as he could go trying not to go over the speed limit so he wouldn’t be pulled over.

He arrived at the spot he dropped his mate of yesterday, parking his car he sat there and waited. Twenty minutes later he watched as his beautiful mate turned the corner and started limping in his direction. A small growl escaped his lips at the thought of his mate hurting. He still couldn’t believe that he finally got to see his mate without the hoody covering her face. He could still picture her long hair and the unique colour it was. He was lost in thought that he didn’t realise she had walked past his car. He quickly jumped out and raced up to her.

“Chloe” He called out.

She stopped in her tracks, turned, and faced him she looked into his eyes and frowned “What are you doing here?” She asked softly.

“I thought I could give you a lift to school,” He said.

One of her eyebrows shot up “Why?” She asked him.

Aaron shuffled from one foot to the other. “Er, because I want too?” He answered but it sounded more like a question.

She stood there frozen for a while just staring at him before she spoke “Why are you being nice to me?”

Aaron frowned “Why not? You seem like a really sweet girl that doesn’t deserve the way she is being treated; you also look like you could use a friend”

She lowered her head he could just see her lips and part of her cheek, he watched as a tear slipped down her cheek. He stepped forward so he could comfort her “Hey don’t cry,” He said sounding a bit panicked.

Chloe wiped the tear from her cheek “I don’t deserve friends,” She said before turning and walking away.

Aaron frowned at her retreating back “Why don’t you?” He asked but she didn’t answer she only continued to walk away. I quickly ran to catch up to her.

“You’re going the wrong way, my car is back there,” He said pointing behind him.

“I know it is, I’m walking.” She replied softly.

Aaron sighed, “Well I guess I’m walking too”

She looked at him and frowned “Why?”

Aaron shrugged “If you’re not going to let me drive you, then I guess I’m walking with you”

Chloe started walking again “That’s just stupid,” She said softly “Why walk when you can drive, it supposed to rain this afternoon you’re going to get wet walking back to collect your car”

“Well I guess you should have hopped into my car instead of walking then.”

She looked at him and frowned “You’re going to blame it on me?”

Aaron thought about it for a moment before replying, “Yes, yes I am. I only wanted to drive you to school but you refused me too so I feel that I need to walk with you to make sure you arrive safely, making it your fault if it rains and I get wet.”

His mate stopped walking and looked at him she let out a frustrated sound before sighing “Fine I will ride with you, but only this one time” She turned around and stormed off walking to his car. Aaron smirked at the sight of his mate, she had a stubborn side to her, and he was grateful that she wasn’t truly broken even after all the abuse she has put up with at school.