Chapter Twenty CHLOE'S P.O.V

Chapter Twenty - CHLOE’S P.O.V

Chloe ran into the room she was staying and slammed the door shut before locking it. She slid her body down the door bringing her legs up to her chest. She wrapped her arms around her legs and started to cry. Her life was hard enough dealing with all her punishments adding guys who turn into wolves was just too much for her to take in.

Chloe wasn’t sure how long she sat there crying, but by the time there was a knock on the door her legs were completely numb.

“Who is it?” Chloe asked softly, her voice hoarse from crying so much.

“It’s me Lucy do you think I could come in so we could talk?” She asked

Chloe considered it for a moment “How do I know you won’t hurt me when I open the door?” She asked.

“Chloe” Lucy said with a sigh “If we wanted to hurt you don’t you think we would of done it already? Why would we have fixed all your injuries if we were going to hurt you?” Lucy asked.

“I don’t know” Chloe said softly “But that was all before I knew about what you are, how do I know you’re not going to kill me so you can keep your secret?”

Lucy sighed again “I guess when you put it like that I can see where you’re coming from, but were not going to harm you Chloe, harming you would harm my son, do I seem like a mother who would willingly harm my son?”

“No” Chloe said softly “But how does hurting me hurt him?” She asked.

“Well that’s why I wanted to come in talked to you, there’s a lot you don’t know and I thought that maybe if I explained it to you then maybe it could help you deal with it better”

Chloe frowned “Why do you care about how I’m dealing with it? Is this about getting me to keep it a secret?”

“Chloe please open the door so we can talk, you need to understand what’s going on. Believe it or not it affects you and I’m not talking about the fact you know what we are, this has to do with my son” Lucy said tiredly.

Chloe stood up her legs hurt from sitting on the ground for so long, she unlocked the door and opened it. Lucy gave her a small smile.

“Thank you” Lucy said to Chloe

Chloe gestured for Lucy to enter the room, and they both walked over to the bed and sat down.

“I’m sorry you found out the way you did, it must have been quiet the shock” Lucy started by saying.

Chloe looked down at the ground. "You could say that."

Lucy chuckled softly. "It's not every day you find out that werewolves really exist."

Chloe looked at her “You were human right? Before you met your husband, how did you find out about the….wolf thing?”

Lucy laughed, “Werewolves, We are werewolves”

“Same thing” Chloe said with a shrug

Lucy took a deep breath “Well to answer your question I found out about Hayden my husband being a werewolf when another werewolf tried to attack me in wolf form, my husband changed right there in front of me and fought him off”

Chloe whistled. “That must of freaked you out, “She paused for a moment “How did you handle it?”

Lucy scrunched her face up “I passed out” She admitted, “I admit I was a little freaked at first, so I know what you’re going through”

“Well what stopped you from being so freaked out about it?” Chloe asked.

“I realised that Hayden loved me and would never hurt me,” She paused for a minute to think about it. “I guess you could say I knew he wouldn’t eat me”