Chapter Thirty Seven

Once Aaron and Chloe were dressed, they headed down stairs, as they reached the bottom of the staircase they were about to head for the front door when Lucy came out of nowhere, she scooped  Chloe up in her arms giving her a hug. Chloe stiffened at first not used to being held like this she gave Aaron a strange look before hugging Lucy back.

“You kids have a great day at school today. “Lucy tells them.

“Oh hey mum guess what?" Aaron asked.

Lucy looked from Aaron to Chloe then back at her son "What?" She asked.

"Guess who changed into their wolf this morning?” Aaron asked smiling widely.

Lucy looked at Chloe. “You did?” She asked her.

Chloe nodded her head.

Lucy grabbed her and wrapped her in another hug “Oh honey that’s great, congratulations’”

“Er thanks” Chloe says as she tries to catch her breath other having the life squeezed out of by Lucy.

"So what does it look like?" Lucy asked. "Come on i want to see!" Lucy said bouncing up and down on her feet like an excited child.

Chloe looked nervously at Aaron before looking at Lucy. "I don't think i'm ready to change again so soon."

Lucy smile dropped off her face but it soon returned "That's ok you can show me after School."

"Speaking of which, we really need to get going mum." Aaron told Lucy.

"Yes, yes, of course, go on you don't want to be late." She said smiling at them. Lucy looked over at Aaron. “You know you’re going to have to keep an eye on her at school now that she has gotten her wolf.” She tells him through the mind link.

Aaron frowns “Why would that matter? If anything, I shouldn’t have to watch her as much." He replied back through the mind link.

“Normally that would be true but Aaron the entire school picks on her, how do you think her wolf will take that?” She asked.

“Oh shit, she could turn wolf and attack the lot of him.” He said as the realisation of what’s mother was trying to tell him hits.

“Exactly!” Lucy says.

They both stare at Chloe who was oblivious to the conversation they just had through the mind link.

“What?” Chloe asked.

“Nothing dear, I was just thinking is all.” Lucy says patting her on the arm.

“Right well we better get going.” Aaron says taking Chloe’s hand and leading her out the front door to his car. He opens the passenger door for her and waits for her to get in before closing it, he jogs around to the driver’s side and gets in before starting the car and driving down the drive way.

As soon as they arrived at school Aaron’s friends waked over to them. The look of shock was clear on their faces.

Ella squealed jumping up and down. “I’m so glad you guy’s made up.” She said as she embraced Chloe in a warm hug.

“Thanks” Chloe mumbled.

“Wow that was fast work man.” Ryder said patting Aaron on the back.

Chloe looked over at Ryder and frowned. “What was fast work?” She asked him.

“Er…er just you guys making up is all, yeah that was fast work.” Ryder said.