Chapter Twenty-one

Chapter Twenty-One

Aaron and Ben raced back through the woods towards the pack house, they had been running for hours, and Aaron finally felt ready to return home.

Ben shoved Aaron into a nearby tree “Race you home” Ben called out through the mind link.

“You’re on” Aaron said back, he quickly regains his footing and took off after Ben.

They had almost reached the pack house and they were neck and neck Aaron gave Ben one big shove causing Ben to stumble and lose some speed. Aaron ran through the last of the trees and made it to the front of the pack house first, he howled to the skies and pranced around doing a victory dance in wolf form.

He was so busy wiggling his behind and yelping in the air that he didn’t notice his mother and Chloe Standing there watching him.

“Wait I have seen that wolf before, who is that?” His mate voice stopped him in his tracks, he turned around and found his mate and mother standing there.

“The black wolf there is Aaron, but you should keep in mind that his father looks exactly the same but a little bit bigger”

Aaron watched as a frown appeared on Chloe’s face “But why would Aaron be sitting in the woods near my place at night” Chloe asked Lucy.

“Son, what do you want me to say?” He heard his mother ask him through the mind link.

“Tell her I was worried about her, so I came by to check on her” He answered her through the mind link.

His mother repeated what he said to Chloe “Oh” Was her only reply.

“Can you ask her why she was walking through the woods during a storm for me?” He asked his mother.

He watched as his mother looked at Chloe “Aaron was wondering why you were in the woods during the storm?”

“Oh, I have a special place not far from my house, where my brother and I built a tree house, I go there some times when I need to think or be alone” Chloe explained.

Chloe took a step towards Aaron before looking back at Lucy “Can I touch him?”

Aaron couldn’t express the joy he felt by his mate saying those four words, could this mean she’s not rejecting me? He thought to himself.

Lucy smiled “Sure, He won’t hurt you, you can talk to him, he can’t talk back to you but he can talk to me and I can tell you”

Chloe frowned “What do you mean he can talk to you? Do you understand wolf talk?”

Lucy burst out laughing “No, nothing like that. Being a werewolf in a pack, we can communicate through the mind. So I can talk to Aaron in my head and he can hear me and he can do the same back to me. It’s how we talk when we are in wolf form”

“Oh” Chloe said, her cheeks had turned pink from embarrassment.

Chloe slowly walked over to Aaron, not wanting to scare her, he lowered his body to the ground and laid his heads on his paws.

“I can’t believe I thought you were a dog” Aaron heard Chloe muttered to herself

Aaron snickered in wolf form. Chloe stopped walking and looked at him “Are you laughing at me?” She asked. Chloe turned to Lucy “Is he laughing at me.

Lucy smiled at Chloe and nodded. Chloe looked back at Aaron “You heard what I said didn’t you?” She asked him.

Aaron nodded his wolf head up and down. He watched as her face went from pink to red. Chloe started walking towards him again but stopped when she looked past Aaron. Aaron turned his head and realised Ben was standing there.