Chapter 69

Author's Note: It's a reminder, this book is a fiction. All the situations and every event that's written are all fictions. 

Tracy

"What you mean false documents?" Grandma asked.

"We have evidence against you. You made false documents years back regarding restriction to meet Tracy." The woman said. "And also false evidence that our clients was unable to provide the basic needs for their daughter."

Grandma rolled her eyes, "It's the truth."

"We have evidence and a file is ready to be submitted to the court with the document."

"Are you really planning to file a case against me?" Grandma looked disbelief at Dad.

I still find it baffling how she thinks she can do whatever she wants and when others do the same thing, she is mad about it.

"You have lied to us." Dad broke the silence. "You broke our family apart because you wanted to protect the company. The company has always been first for you. You didn't even leave my wife and I out of it. You took our daughter's custody by providing false informations in the court. You abused your power."

"It's the truth. You two couldn't provide her with this." She looked all around the big room.

"That's true, we couldn't provide her the luxurious life, but a normal life." Mom said.

"She have turned out to be smart and wonderful because of everything that I provided her with."

"For your own profit. You were going to make her the heir of your company because you were afraid you will lose it to someone else." Dad said.

"I worked so hard to build that company. You think I will give it up to someone else?" She glared at us.

"You give up your family for the company?" Carson interrupted.

"You do not get to speak about this matter." Grandma looked at him.

"I know." Carson said. "But was it worth it? Was the company worth your family? You will be all alone, now. Tracy will be with her parents and all you will have now is the company and strangers that will be taking care of you."

Grandma was quiet for the first time.

"The company may have meant a lot to you." Carson said. "But that company have broke your family."

"Shut up." Grandma hissed. "The company have been everything. You spoil brats don't know anything about the struggle of making money neither about building a company."

"Maybe you're right. We might not know the struggle, but we do know what's important to us." Carson said. "You still have time to make things right."

"I'm going to call my Lawyers." Grandma said.

"We are ready." Dad said hugging mom, side ways. "We were helpless that time, but now we are ready. We have nothing to fear. We have evidence how you abused your power and we will fight against you."

I stood still in shock. I don't want them filing cases at each other. I want them to be happy. I want them to sit and talk their misunderstanding, but I know Grandma. Her pride is the one getting in her way. She doesn't want to give up without a fight, and she should expect the people to fight back too.

"Can't we talk about it without the lawyers?" I suggested.

"And have things go against me?" Grandma said. "I know your sneaky plan."

I sighed. Guess, she already made up her mind.

Carson kissed the side of my hair when Grandma stormed off to her office.

"Thank you Carson." Mom said smiling as she looked at me.

"You're most welcome." Carson smiled. "We will leave you and Mr.Williams alone for sometime."

"Thank you." I said to him before he kissed me on my cheeks.

"We are very sorry for leaving you..." Dad started.

"You don't have to apologize for anything that you didn't do." I said. "You didn't have a choice at that time, things was against you."

"You are all grown up now." Mom smiled at me, lovingly.

"Where are you guys living currently? I heard you have a clinic in California?"

"We are actually living in San Francisco ." Dad said. "We used to live in Irvine and when things got better we moved there. It's been three years now."

"And I never met you guys there." I said.

"We are so happy to finally get to talk to you. Your Dad and I thought." Mom broke down as I hugged her.

"Things will get better now..." I said.

"I hope so." Dad said as he embraced us in a hug.

Laurie came forward to talk to us. "I'm really happy for you." She said.

"How's grandma?" I asked.

"Even at times like this, you are worried for your grandma. You have the kindest heart, little girl." Laurie said. "I'm so glad, I've watched you grow and you turn out to be beautiful."

"Thank you for taking care of her." Mom said. "I owe you."

"You owe me nothing." Laurie said. "I hope you will find happiness."

Grandma's lawyer walked in on us half an hour later. They seemed nervous,but tried very hard to hide it. One of them, whom I'm very familiar with was wiping his perspiration with his handkerchief. They wanted to talk to grandma first before talking to us which I understand, you need to be on the same page with your lawyer.

"When things get better. We all should go out and have some family time." Dad said. "We can invite your friends, someday. We owe them for all their hard works and everything else especially Carson."

"You like him?" I asked hopeful.

"He's been wonderful. Very nice, good manners and brought us here to meet you. We were looking for you. Last time we came here, we were secretly told that you were in San Francisco. We didn't know where to start looking for you and Carson came and he was so happy to share the news." Mom said.

"What about you Dad?" I asked shyly.

He was surprised that I asked his opinion. "He's a good guy." He smiled, "if our situation was different and if we were the one who brought you up. I would first be very doubtful of him, but he showed me he's capable of taking good care of you."

I smiled. I'm glad that they like him.

"We are ready." Grandma said as she made an announcement and walked out with her lawyers.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a Vote and share this book with others. Four more chapters are left for this book!! Thank you for reading it. Next update will be tomorrow :)