Chapter 67

Tracy

Grandma was mad when I didn't show up to any of the lunch or dinner plan with her. She thinks I was testing her patience, which maybe was not a good idea at that time because she's doing whatever she wanted. When I brought the topic about my parents-she brushed me off and I scowled.

"Twice. This is the second time you stepped back from the deal."

"You have been nothing but ungrateful. When I think it's the right time to do so, I will call them up."

I scoffed at her. "I'm leaving this place." I said to her as I stood up.

"Sure. I will cancel all the cards and everything of yours."

"Do whatever you want." I said to her. "Don't expect me to show up this Saturday to pick a dress with the Scotts."

She fumed as we glared at each other. I walked upstairs to take my bags which I have packed already to escape.

"If you walk out right now, you will regret this decision." She said as I was walking with my things.

"What else do you want to take?" I asked.

"I'm going to make that boy's life miserable." She said and I glared at her.

"Look at you." I was really mad now. "You are going out of control. If you don't stop now.. you will be laughed at by the people who admires you. You doing all the nicest things in front of the camera, but later when the truth unfolds. The admiration and respect you are getting will be gone when people find out the truth.

She glared at me. "People will laugh at you and not me. Laugh at you for not wanting to get engage with the Scott's."

"I don't know what's so special about the Scott's, unless." My eyes lit up in realization. "They have something against you." And I looked at her closely watching for her reaction which she didn't give any.

"Go back to your room, now." She snapped.

"This is not over." I said to her. I didn't want her to do anything to Carson or my friends. They really don't deserve any of that.

I kept myself busy in the room- trying to take out the stuffs that I don't need to a bag that can be sent somewhere which is needed.

Day after tomorrow.. I'm suppose to meet Liam to pick our suppose to be outfit for our engagement party.

I haven't seen Skylar or Elliot since I left the hotel. I spoke to them on the phone and they seemed somewhat relieved I was still there.

"Hang in there." Elliot said. "It will get better."

"I've been trying to reach Liam and have been failing miserably."

"It's okay." He said. "Don't worry."

I sighed. "What have you two been doing?"

"Some stuffs." He said.

"I'm bored." I tell him.

"No social gatherings?" He asked.

"Not yet. I hope not. I can't reach Carson, you know why?"

"He must be doing something. I've got to go, Trace. I'll call you back, later."

He ended the call and I have no idea why he was in a hurry.

I ate dinner with Grandma that night, it was a quiet dinner and at least she didn't have to remind me of her plan. I never got a chance to speak with Laurie yet. I think she's keeping her distance from me.

"Liam wanted to meet up with you." Grandma said as she took a bite of her salad.

"Okay." I said. At least, he spoke about that to her.

"I said you guys can meet on Saturday."

"You want us to get engaged with minimal restrictions of getting to each other?"

"I don't trust you." She said looking at me.

"You know, you will be embarrassing yourself soon." I said not looking at her.

"The invitations have been sent out. Dates have been fixed, everything will go perfectly if you stop being so selfish."

I stood up. "Here I thought we could have a decent time together, for once." I snapped. "And every single time you have to remind me of something."

"Sit back down." She said. "We don't want the staffs talking about it." She glared at me.

"They already saw things and I'm sure they know who's the selfish one here." I said putting the napkin on the table and I walked away.

On Saturday morning, Liam came with his parents. I didn't hide my discomfort or uneasiness in front of them.

I didn't want to pretend that everything was perfect and I didn't even pretend that I was okay with the arrangement.

"With all due respect." I started and my grandma cut me off.

"Why don't we get moving for the dress selections?" She asked.

I scowled at her. "I'm not going for any dress selections."

Mrs.Scott looked at Grandma with a raised eyebrow.

"I thought you said you spoke to her?"

"I did.. it takes time, she's still in her teenager attitude."

"What you mean by teenager attitude?" I asked. "You throwing tantrums when things doesn't go your way, you ordering me and shutting me off from my thoughts. What does that makes you?"

Liam coughed awkwardly. "Tracy, may I have a word with you?"

Grandma and I had a stared down for a while.

"That would be nice because I want to talk to you about something." I looked at him.

Liam and I walked to the office to have a word.

"I know you don't like me.. I get it, I don't like the fact how you and your grandma are fighting about this matter." He started.

"Why are you not saying anything about it? Why are you agreeing to this?"

"I like you." He said. "I always did and maybe if we get to know each other.."

"I'm sorry, Liam. I already have someone in my life."

His eyes widened at my announcement.

"I met someone in school that I like.. it may not work out between us in the future, but for now I want to think he's my future."

"I'm so sorry." He said. "I didn't know that."

"Can you do something to change their mind?" I asked.

"You should know better.. I'm helpless like you."

"So are we just going to get engage?" I panicked.

"I would have like it if you had the same feelings, but no.. I have an idea."He smiled.

Author's Note: Thank you for all your support. Please give this chapter a Vote and share this book with others. Next update will be tomorrow :)