Chapter 34

Tracy

As Ashton and I walked towards the parking space. I see the same girl who I met near the locker, bragging about her's and Carson's "relationship"

Carson was no where to be found as she walked towards the other residence.

"Carson was looking for you." She tells me with a sudden annoyance in her voice.

"Okay. Thanks!" I tell her not really knowing what to say.

"Is he your new boyfriend?" She asked curiously.

"No." Ashton and I said at the same time making her shrug.

"Well, have fun." She tells me as she walked to the other building most probably where she stays.

"Who is she?" Ashton asked.

"Carson's new girlfriend." I tell him and Ashton made an 'Oh' sound.

"He moved on?" Ashton asked. I shrugged, I don't know what that guy is up to.

"Where are you guys going?" I heard Elliot before I see him and when I do he is standing few feet away.

"To the bookstore." I tell him and he rolled his eyes.

"What about you?" I asked him.

"I was coming to your place. Kyle and Carson ditched, so.."

"Can he join us?" I asked Ashton, he looked hesitant, but muttered an okay.

"I wouldn't have join, but seeing that Tracy invited me. I am joining." He announces to no one in particular.

"What bullsh** are you talking about?"

"None of your concern." Elliot said shooing him and Ashton rolled his eyes. "How are we going?"

"Ashton is driving."I tell him.

"Cool." Elliot said as we started walking towards the parked car. Ashton's Grey BMW 8 series coupe stood out in front.

"Nice car." Elliot muttered as he silently opened the back seat door for me and I just went in. Ashton and Elliot sat in front while I sat at the back.

"Why are you guys going to the bookstore?" He finally asked.

"For book signing." I tell him excitedly as I peeped in to show the electronic copy that I have purchase

He snorted. "I should have known. Which book?" He asked.

"Five feet apart." I tell him and he hmm.

"Who asked who to go for the book signing?" He asked.

I looked at Ashton and he looked nervous. I am sure he does not want to tell anyone that he read books or he is helping others, whatever his reasons are it is his secret.

"I asked him to come with me for the book signing." I tell Elliot and I can see Ashton's grateful look from the rear view mirror. Elliot was busy texting something as he kept throwing random questions at me.

"Why not me?" Elliot pout.

"You are a busy bee. You go for practices and you three boys move together." I tell him.

"You think so too, right? I thought we were trios too! They literally ditched me and ran away after school." He huffed in annoyance.

"You have me." I tell him sympathetically as I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Thanks, trace." He said. "I knew that I can trust you."

I laughed at him and I can see Ashton's lips trying to hold back a smile too.

When we reached the book store, we saw huge lines outside the store. The fall weather was not that good, nor bad as we stood outside in line.I tell Elliot about the story and told him to read about it and about the upcoming movie based on the book.

Elliot said he will purchase the book and get it sign and then he will read it. When we were inside the bookstore still waiting in line. I noticed that girls was pretty much more interested at Ashton and Elliot, of course- they are good looking and you can't help but to give them couple of glances. Ashton stood nervously while Elliot was so relaxed and grinned at everyone who he caught looking at him.

I made them took couples of selfies together, holding the copy of the book in our hand.

Elliot and Ashton avoided speaking with each other, they speak to me or speak indirectly to each other through me. When we got the signed copy, I think I was the most excited one as we exited the warm store to the chilly night. People are still lining up to get the signature and as we walk passed them.

"So, what's the next plan?" Elliot asked.

I shrugged.

"There is a place close-by, sells good burgers." Ashton said. We all agreed to go there.

That place must be famous for teenagers as I see lots of young people in that restaurant. It was crowded and loud.

"Table for 3?" The server asked.

""Five." Elliot interrupted and he smiled sheepishly at us. "My friends are joining too, I hope you don't mind."

"You mean Carson?" Ashton said venom dripping from his tone.

"Yea." Elliot said.

I have no idea about their history, but it seem too bad that they can't even face each other and I didn't want to ask or intervene on their business. We got into a large booth at the one end. I think they are so used to people's staring that they simply walked like no one is watching them, if someone would have watched me the way people are watching them, I would rather stay in than come out of house.

Kyle come first wearing a button up shirt with sweater and light blue jeans as he walked in coolly as he scanned the room. Everyone stopped talking and stared at him as he looked around. Elliot waved frantically at him to get his attention and Kyle came and sat at the other side of the booth.

He give a short nod to Ashton, acknowledgement and looked at me with a smile. "How are you doing?" He asked and looked at Elliot.

"Great! Thanks!" I tell him.

"Where did you go?" Elliot accused him.

"Piano lessons." Kyle said and I was surprised that Kyle goes for one.

"You completely forgot about me?? You could have told me! I was waiting for you in the gym."

"I said that to you in the morning." Kyle said.

"Oh. Did you?" Elliot said laughing and looking at me. I raised my eyebrow. "My bad"

When the restaurant turned silent all of a sudden, our attention went to the door and there Carson was wearing a white shirt with blue stripes with black denim jacket and black jeans. He flipped his hair and I see water?? Then we all realized it is raining, pretty strange. Elliot called for him and he walked towards us, his eyes locked to mine. I can literally feel the jealousy of people while I sat with the suppose to be handsome guys in school.

Carson literally pretended that Ashton was not there as we started ordering our food.

"Where were you, bro?" Elliot asked.

"Work." Carson said curtly.

"Why you gotta be so rude? Don't you know I'm human too? " Elliot sang, and I must add he can sing.

"Shut up." Carson said rolling his eyes.

"We had a great time together, you two missed it." Elliot tells them.

"Sure, tell me about it." Carson said as he looked at me with a challenge look.

'Oh boy." I thought to myself. 'I think the party is about to start.'

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give it a Vote and a share if you enjoyed it. Next update is tomorrow. Happy readings!