Chapter 20

Bonus Update: Thank you for 200 reads 🎉

Tracy

Carson drove a black Ashton Martin Vanquish this time. His car was clean and smell of his cologne and mint. He had loosened his bow tie and opened up the first button of his button up shirt making him look much more relax, but at the same time looking good.

The ice cream parlour was a 20 minutes drive from the residence and it was not that crowded considering it is almost midnight. The parlour's 24/7 board was flashing brightly and proudly as we entered. We found some group of people who was already there, who stopped talking as we walked in. The girls was genuinely happy seeing Carson and one even called out his name, but he chose to ignore her.

"You can at least say Hi." I whispered to him.

"It's not my thing. Whenever I come here they are always here. It is like their home." He said as he walked towards the counter. The middle-aged man took our order and I went with Cotton Candy flavour while Carson got Mint Flavour ice cream. We waited for our order which was served in a medium bowl and the man added some toppings to it and mine have an actual cotton candy on top.We sat at one corner of the booth and I was excited to try the flavour.

Carson laughed and should I add that his laugh was contagious and nice. I hardly hear him laugh and I think it surprised the people who I saw when we entered. I smiled at him, seeing him this happy makes me feel so nice.

"I think this is super good." I said to him. "Have you tried this flavour before?" And he shake his head, No.

"You are missing this flavour. Try it." I said to him as I pushed my bowl towards him and he looked at me and took a spoonful as he tried it.

His eyes widened as if he just discovered something and he said, "Wow, this is actually really good."

I laughed and added, "Do you always have this flavour?" I pointed to his mint ice cream.

"This one and sometime Coconut milk flavour."

"You want to exchange?" I asked him and he shake his head, No.

He passed me his bowl of ice-cream and said, "I really don't like sharing things and especially foods, but you are an exception."

I laughed. "Are you trying to be cheesy here?" I asked teasing him.

"I tried." He said as he encouraged me to try the flavour and boy, must I say it is good.

We decided to just share both the flavour together by putting the bowl in the middle and it was a good decision because I think Carson like the Cotton Candy flavour more than the mint one.

"Which year are you in?" I asked him.

"Third year." He said casually.

"What are you studying?" I asked him pretty surprise that we never spoke about what we are studying.

"International Business." He said casually.

"Oo, that sound pretty interesting- I study."

"English in Literature." He said not looking at me. I was surprised he knew that.

"How?" I asked him.

"I saw your things, remember?" He said talking back about our first meeting.

"I thought you were an a** that time." I laughed.

"I was." He said surprising me with his reply.

"But I was too."

"I can't disagree about that."He joked and I rolled my eyes.

"What did you guys do at his apartment?" He asked.

"Just movies and lots of pizzas with dipping sauces." I said.

"Sound like you enjoyed it." He said.

"He was nice, really nice." I said to him avoiding any eye-contact.

"Tracy..." he warned and this was the first time he used my name instead of the Babe or princess.

"I know Carson, he is not a nice guy, but I can't help but think that he might have change." I said. "I know what he did was not acceptable, we all make mistakes and deserve a second chance."

"You don't understand. He can never change." Carson said angry now.

"How do you know?" I challenged him.

"We are not having anymore conversation about him. You are staying away from him and I am telling you, he better be 10 feet away from you otherwise I will lose it."

"I can be friends with whoever I want to, Carson." I said.

"Not when the guy is Ashton Rivera." He said. "I will always interfere when it comes to him and you."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Let's just enjoy the ice cream." I said changing the topic.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" He asked and I was actually pretty surprised. I just realized that Carson and I although we have spend a little less than 5 days, we seem to be closer and it is going to be one week since we met.

"Maybe do something productive." I said unsure.

"Like?" He said.

"Cooking, laundry and little cleaning."

"That sounds boring." He said.

"But that's how it is." I said. "Weekends mean doing things that I can't do on the weekday and I may have to start looking for a job."

"What kind of job?" His curiosity perked up.

"I applied for a job at a library near school." I said.

"I see." He said. "Do you want to work in my company's library too?"

I was surprised. "You have a company of your own?"

"Checkmate, you ever heard of that company before?" He asked and my eyes widened.

"Of course, it is the most influential company that design Electrical appliances and designs."

"Yea. Just submit your resume in the company." He said.

"I want to first try for the one close to school." I tell him honestly, "but I will still apply in your company."

He nodded his head. "Just apply it and if you prefer the one near school, I really don't mind." He said. "I hardly go to the office anyway."

"Okay?" I said confused.

Just then the bell chimed in indicating someone entered and I turned back to see a group of boys entering.

We finished eating and decided to go back. I was putting on my coat when someone catcalled and I turned to look at a Ginger hair guy smirking at me and the next thing I know was that guy on the floor with blood on his nose coming out.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give it a Vote and share it with other readers. Your vote will be really appreciated. Next update for this book is tomorrow. Happy readings!