Chapter 30

Tracy

My phone buzzed and I looked at the person calling me. My grandmother, the one who took me away from my parents all because she did not approve of my parents marriage, but wanted to claim her only granddaughter.

"Tracy Ann Williams, if you are done with your runaway act and you finally decide to come home, I will send you tickets or someone to pick you up." My grandmother said with no emotions in her voice.

"Hello, grandma." I greeted, still remembering the expensive private classes about "manners" that I was forced to attend when I was young.

"Have you decided to come home?" She said.

"I am not on vacation." I tell her. "I am studying."

"You can study here too." She said.

Sure like where you can put guards on me wherever I go? I said to myself.

"I like it here." I tell her trying to keep as calm as possible.

"What is so good about there? Your grandma is old and lonely and you want to rebel, now?" She tried to make me feel emotionally guilty, this is what I was running from, throughout the years she made me feel guilty that I don't find the place I stayed, as home. She putting guards around me making sure of what? I don't even know what goes inside her head and not allowing me to contact my parents. I lost contact with my parents years ago, I have no idea where they are and who they are anymore. The memories faded along with my feelings of hopes.

"Grandma, I am fine here." I said as nicely as I can muster.

"You think I don't know where you are?" She finally said.

I was not surprise that she knows where I am studying because of her money and power she holds. She is a wonderful woman who I would have admired in a business person view, she at young age- invested in things and her hundred dollars turned to millions with her businesses she started. Owning airlines, malls all around the world and places. My grandmother is someone who turns people's impossible to possible and I admire her for that. Apart from not allowing me to know my parents, she is the nicest if she wants to be. Give me the best education in San Jose, give me everything that I secretly wished, but didn't want to ask for it. She give me everything that I want and not what I needed. I needed something and she knows what, but she is turning a blind eyes to that one.

"Grandma, just for once! I am no more a baby. I am old enough and legal enough to be by myself" I reminded her. She sighed, a defeated sigh.

"Old enough to forget your grandma?"

"I did not." I tell her.

"No phone calls since you moved to that school?" She said and now I felt guilty even though she may not be that nice at times, she is still my grandma who gave me everything that I wanted.

"I am sorry, grandma." I tell her, sincerely.

"If you are then during your holidays why don't you come to visit me?"

I mentally groaned. " I am busy.." I tell her.

"With boys?" She said and my shock turned to anger.

"Are you still stalking me?" I snapped.

"It is not stalking, it is called worried. I was worried for my only granddaughter." She said.

"What did I say before I left home, not to do that!" I said.

"Not like I promised." She said.

"This is it!" I said. "If I find out you are still putting someone to follow me. I will move somewhere, where not even your guards will be able to find me." I said.

I felt emotionally stressed. My grandmother have this thing of controlling others. First, I took it, but it gets overwhelming when she says she is disappointed with 'certain things' that I do or 'certain people' I hang out with. "You and I both know what I am capable of." I said.

"I am just trying to look out for you."

"I'm 19 years old." I tell her.

"19 years and still not that wise that the world is not unicorns and rainbows."

"Firstly, I never thought that the world is unicorns and rainbows, secondly we all learn from experience." I said.

"Okay. This time you win." My grandmother said. "If you don't want guards around you, you must call me at least twice a week and visit me during holidays."

"Deal." I said relieved for once that I won something.

"Have a great semester, Tracy." She said so calmly that you would not have believed that we just had that conversation few minutes back.

"Thanks grandma, good night!" I tell her.

"Goodnight, dear." She said.

The conversation with her made me stressful enough to take out my notepad to start planning of things just in case she does not keep her promise and put people to watch me. I may have to move school, move somewhere far away that even I won't be able to find myself.

By the time, I checked the watch it was 10:34 pm and there was still no texts or call from the certain brunette that I have come to like.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a Vote and share if you enjoyed it. Next update for this book is tomorrow. Happy readings!