Chapter 63

Tracy

I looked at the woman in front of me. Do I want to share my vulnerability with a stranger? Can she be trusted?

"I feel like things are falling apart for me. Does it make sense? It may sound dramatic."

"No. no." She shake her head. "It may sound like a small problem for some of us, but it's a big one for you. Keep going. I'm listening."

"My grandma has been controlling and is still trying to control my life."

Her facial expression darkened a bit.

"I know someone who is like that too, who likes controlling others." She said.

"She wants me to get engage with someone.." I said and her eyes widened.

"How old are you, may I ask?"

"Nineteen." I said.

"What's with the engagement?"

"She made some business deal.."

"Oh my gosh." She gasped. "That's awful."

"I know." I said. "I like another guy, though." I played with my fingers. That guy thinks I'm going to get engage and leave him.

"This situation sounds so similar to mine." She looked at me and I glance at her. "But it happened to my husband."

"How did he come over it?"

"We were cowards." She said. "We eloped ."

My eyes widened.

"I wouldn't recommend you to do.. it was a bad decision. We should have discuss with our parents, but they were those kind of people who have big prides and doesn't want to listen to anyone. We tried, but I guess we didn't put that much effort and was unable to win their blessings."

"How is your relationship now?"

"We struggled for most part of it and is still struggling." She choked. "We are trying to do everything in our part to make things happen and better. I'm sorry, I was suppose to be listening to you."

"Don't worry about that." I reassured her. "I hope things get better for you."

"And I hope for you." She give me a small smile. "Who's the guy?"

I smile a little at the thought of Carson, I don't want to lose him. "His name is Carson. He's two years older to me.."

She nodded her head as if telling me she was listening.

"We haven't been together for long. At the beginning, we bickered a lot but we realized we were fond of each other."

She smiled. "Does he know about the engagement."

I winced slightly. "Apparently he found out from someone else."

And her face turned into disbelief and sympathetic.

"He's not picking up my call and I don't know what to do.. he lives in San Francisco. I can't go there because I'm restricted from leaving here."