Chapter 31

Tracy

As I scroll through my Instagram, I saw one of my university student's club shared a picture of a party and I can see Carson's standing with a blond beside him and one of his arm wrapped around her waist and he have a smirk on his face.

Out of anger I made a decision that I know I will regret later, I texted my grandma to send someone to pick me up during my one week study break which is 5 weeks from now. She was delighted by my message and I was pretty surprise, she was not asleep yet and told me she will be making plans.

Well? What else can I do? I turned off the lights and went to sleep and this time, Carson did not show up like he used to.

I woke up by the sound of my alarm and looked at the time, getting up immediately to get ready. My mood was not too good and I wonder why. As I made my way to the kitchen, I see in Skylar's neatest handwriting that she is off campus today for her studies, she will be back later tonight. I tossed some instant foods in the microwave and brew some coffee. I looked out of the living space window and saw students walking dejectedly towards school. After my quick breakfast, I quickly went to school to get to my locker before I meet that certain brunette. I set everything an hour early just to avoid him. As I was taking things from my locker, Cameron peeped in.

"Do you have time to help me with the literature quiz?" He said looking hopeful.

I screamed at the sudden intrusion. "What the heck!"

"Whoops!" He said chuckling lightly. "Did I take you by off guard?"

I nodded my head and roll my eyes. "What are you doing so early?"

"Do you remember we have a quiz due for Lit? I need help."

"It is just Multiple Choice? What's the problem?"

"Everything, I can't understand what was taught in class."

Looking at the watch and seeing we have an hour left for class, I agreed and we went to the small study space that he said he know. He did find a good spot as only few students was there and was actually studying.

Cameron is attentive as I explained to him what the chapters was all about.

"Ah.. I see." He said pursing his lips together and thinking.

"Will you be able to do the quiz now?" I asked him as my phone buzzed and I see Carson's name.

"I still don't understand the styles of writing of the Authors."

When I was done explaining him, I looked at him. "How come all of a sudden you are so into books?"

"I have my own personal reasons to." He smiled, this time not those creepy smile, but rather a genuine smile. "When I visited home, my little sister she thought that I am a genius in school. I felt really guilty that all I have been doing is smoking pots and cigarettes and getting drunk."

The weight of someone's expectations was what was keeping him together. I looked at him, no judgement about his lifestyles or anything. Just studying him.

"I know, you don't trust what I say, but I just want to show my little sister that I am the best brother." He grinned.

I smiled. "That's nice, so are you moving away from the pots and stuff?"

"I have been trying, it is a lot harder." He said. "It's not like I am addicted to it, yet."

"Addicted." I repeated that word.

"I am trying to be a better person. I don't want my sister to think of me as someone bad when she grows up. Our encounter may have been bad, I am sorry about that, but I will try to be as nice as possible to you. I promise." He said and his eyes spoke the truth and for once I trusted him.

My phone buzzed again and I see the calls and texts from Carson and my lips pursed, not knowing if I should pick up the call.

"Whoever is calling you, you should pick up. It may be an emergency." He said. I nodded my head and excuse myself as I walked to the other end to speak to Carson.

"Where are you?" Was the first thing he said and I spoke with dripping sarcasm.

"Good morning Carson, so nice to hear from you."

"Tracy..." he warned.

"Carson?" I said his name with too much sweetness, that I myself cringe internally.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"What's wrong?" I repeated.

"Why are you in an awful mood?"

"Me? I think I am having a good time, what awful mood are you talking about?"

"Where are you?" He asked.

"Tracy, what is the answer to this one.. hurry!!!" Cameron called out as he panic and stood up from his chair.

"Did you even revise the chapters of last week before starting the quiz?" I said.

"I thought the quiz was about the chapters we just went through!"

Everyone who was sitting there glared at us.

"I will speak to you later." I tell Carson and I did not give him time to respond as I quickly hang up on him to help a panic Cameron.

"That answer is C" I tell him and he pressed it and went to the next one.

"Ha, this is easy." He said looking at the question and answering it easily. I looked at his answers and nodded my head in approvals. He should be getting an A for the quiz later. When the answer came out after the quiz was done, he grinned at the 'A' score and said,

"Thanks Trace." He said putting out his hand for a High Five, but his hand froze in mid-air as he looked at the person behind me.

I smelled mint behind me and I know exactly who is behind me, but I brushed him away and took out my hand for a high five and Cameron smacked it awkwardly,

"I will see you in class." He almost whispered.

I looked at the watch. "We should go together." I said taking my bag from the floor and Cameron coughed to point behind me. I know he is behind me. I can pretend he is not there, right?

I turned back to look at Carson who was in a not-so-good mood now.

"Oh, hello Carson! I didn't see you there." I said sweetly. "How are you doing today?"

He just pull me away from Cameron by my wrist as I fought to break free.

"What are you doing?" I snapped at him.

He did not say anything, as we passed the hallway and towards the exits and stairs. He pushed me to the wall and put one of his hand on the wall.

"What are you trying to do?" His eyes black, I can feel his anger radiating from his body.

"I was helping Cameron." I said innocently.

"That trash guy, who hits on you and who have no manners with girls?" He snapped as he fumed with angers.

"I think he have changed." I said. He laughed dangerously.

"All of a sudden? Don't bullsh** me."

"He is much nicer now?" I tell him and he shake his head as he put his lips close to my face.

"You want to play this game?" He asked and his minty breath fanning me. Our lips just inch away.

"What game?" I said knowing how dangerously close we are.

He pushed back with a smile, a dangerous smile. "Two can play at this game, Tracy."

"What game?" I asked confused.

"You and I both know." He said. "See you later."

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, if you enjoyed this chapter please give it a Vote and a share. Next update for this book is tomorrow. Happy readings!