Chapter 59

Tracy

Grandma have her own plan in her mind, I can sense it when I returned from my shopping sprees. I had to spend on something that I didn't need and I decided to spend it on something that someone might need it, so I'm planning to donate some of the things I have purchased today.

Grandma was excited about Liam and his parents coming over for dinner. She made a grand decorations and asked for best plates to be set up.

Laurie give me a sympathetic look once I came back home and I was worried about my grandma's plan. I hope it doesn't hurt anyone, especially Liam. Liam is too nice for the world and I wanted to protect his innocence from the cruelty. He doesn't deserve false hope from me or my grandma.

Grandma wanted me to look at my best. Called someone up to have my hair done and make up as well. I texted Carson about how I have a very bad feeling about tonight.

"Skylar is coming over with Elliot at your place. I hope that makes you feel better."

Yes, my friends are over. They changed their study break plans to help me. That's the nicest thing anyone could do. They are currently staying at a Hotel near my place, but the saddest part is I can't really meet them outside. Who knows what my Grandma have in her mind.

Grandma was not expecting more guests, she did not expect Elliot and Skylar to show up an hour before dinner.

Judging by her look when they introduced themselves to her, I figured she know who they are. She was not very happy about it. She knows we were planning something. I'm her grand-daughter. Of course, I need to step up my games just like her. I really hope, Carson is able to reach my parents-I'm so done with the dramas.

"They are here for study break, I invited them over." I said to her and Grandma purses her lip.

Elliot tried to be charming, and succeeded in his plans. Grandma was laughing at whatever he was saying. It can't be that bad, they are not bad and I wish Grandma would understand that.

I wish Grandma accept my friends and especially Carson. It would be hard to have an argument or legal fights with her. She has given me everything, but that came with something. When things are free, you have to be suspicious about it.

Liam and his parents came over for dinner , they were dressed formally. I wondered what's with the formalities. During dinner, Liam's parents was curious about Elliot and Skylar and how we are friends. I think they are judging them and I dislike the fact that they are judging them.

Elliot was very cool about it and was in his best behaviour. He knows how to throw people off guards with politeness and I wondered where he learnt it from. Liam was sitting quietly beside his parents and was picking on his foods. It's unusual of him to do that. I have never seen him nervous before.

After dinner, when dessert was served. Grandma was talking about how excited she is about what they have planned and I give her a quizzical look and so did my friends.

"I'm glad your friends are over to be here with us as we celebrate this beautiful moment." Grandma said standing up with a glass of champagne.

What are we celebrating about? I don't know. I looked confused and waited for her to continue.

"Liam have agreed to get engage with you, Tracy."

Skylar almost spat her drink on Liam's parents face but quickly swallowed it down and wiped her mouth with the napkin. My face turned paled as I looked at her and at Liam. She is joking, isn't she? She wants me to get engage? Now? When the situation is out of control?

Liam's parents had a huge smile on their faces as they lifted up the glass to toast with my grandma. Liam give me a shy smile and I shake my head, No.

"What are you talking about?" I said standing up.

Liam's parents looked confused at my reaction and so was Liam.

"We will talk about this later, Tracy." Grandma muttered quietly. She wanted me to keep quiet and not embarrassed herself in front of them.

"No." I said. "I want explanations right now. What engagement? I never agreed to one." I stand firm with my words.

Liam's mom give out an awkward laugh and said, "We thought she knew about it?" She looked at Grandma for answer.

"She will get over it. We are just asking them to get engage now and get married when they are older. There's no rush in marriage, she is just worried about getting married at this age. Teenagers these days." Grandma tried to cover up.

"I for sure will not be getting over it." I stated. "Liam, are you sure? Is this what you want? Why don't you tell your parents how you feel about getting engage to a stranger like me?"

"Tracy, I have liked you since we were children." He said so softly and his eyes was so soft and calm and it almost broke my heart seeing him like this.

"You don't even know me, anymore. I'm not the same anymore." I said standing up. "I'm sorry, but this is not how I expected our dinner to be and I won't be agreeing to this engagement. I don't want to give you false hope." I looked at Liam. "You're so nice, but I can't."

"Tracy." Grandma warned.

Liam's parents was upset as they stood up. "I think you need to talk to her... I thought you spoke to her, already? You think our family is a joke to you?" Liam's mom fumed in anger as she glared at my grandma.

"I apologized, Mrs.Scott. I will speak to her and will call you back. There seem to be a misunderstanding."

"I hope you can figure out whatever misunderstanding you are talking about. You better keep your words." His Dad said as they made their way out of the house.

Grandma glared at me. "In my office, right now." She threw her napkin on the table and stomped to her office.

"Do you want me to talk to her?" Elliot asked, concerned.

"Thanks." I said, shaking my head. "I will handle that. I apologize to you both for having to be in this drama.."

"You have always been nice to me." Skylar said standing up. "I want to return whatever help I can." She hugged me.

I sighed. "I hope things will get better, soon."

"You bet." Elliot said.

Author's Note: Thank you for patiently waiting for updates, you guys have been amazing! Thank you for flooding me with messages on both private DM as well as in the conversation walls and on the comment section. Thank you for loving this story. There will be update tomorrow, again. Thank you for supporting me in my writing. I hope you will continue to like the story. Please give this chapter a Vote and share this book with other readers! Thank you for everything ❤️