Chapter 60

Tracy

Grandma had a frown on her face when I walked into her office. She was standing near the window that looked out at the front of our house.

"I did not like the way you behaved with the Scott's tonight. It was unacceptable." Her hands was behind her back and she didn't turn to look at me.

"I would have appreciated if you would have warned me about it and not put me in that situation. You brought that situation by yourself." I said as I stood in the corner of the room, away from her.

I really didn't want us to have a conversation at this moment, when we both are fuming and we can say something that can hurt us both.

"You were never like this before." She turned to look at me with disappointment. "The boy, Carson and the friends that are outside has been nothing but a bad influence on you."

"Why? Because I speak my mind out, now? I don't do everything that you tell me to do now?"

"I raised you to be better than your mom, but you turned out just like her." She smiled.

"Like what?" I asked.

"She always spoke her mind."

"Why are you suppressing that?" I asked. "Why are you putting people down and suppressing them from talking what they have in their mind?"

"I raised your Dad to be the heir to my company, I didn't raise him to marry a woman who have no good background. He was suppose to marry someone of class and perfection." She was annoyed now.

"Do you think that relationship would have worked? Do you think you putting pressure on Liam and me will work?"

"He's perfect for you." She said. "He's gentle, kind and.."

I interrupted her.

"Why don't you trust me? My friends are nice. Carson is very nice and I'm sure you will love him." I whispered.

"Do not bring that guy's name in front of me. He has been nothing but a bad influence on you." She scowled. "You are young and blinded by infatuation. Even though he is from a rich family, he doesn't have good names in the society. Player and a fighter."

"He's very nice to me.."

"You think that will change anything? He may be nice to you now, but can you guarantee he won't turn away from you? He's pretending to be nice, you can't change someone that easily."

"Why don't you meet him and decide?" I asked.

"Nothing is going to change my mind. You will be getting engaged to Liam, end of this month.We will have a gathering for that." She said and her face was stormy and eyes was angry.

I shake my head and stepped back. "Liam doesn't deserve this." I said. "I'm not going to engage to someone because you want me to.."

"I have wanted nothing more than you to be happy. All my decisions for you have been nothing but out of pure love for you. Why are you so being so difficult? You should be knowing my decisions are for your own good."

"This is not for my own good." I said. "It's about your own good, you just want to show who's in control. It has always been about you. You keeping my parents away from me has nothing to do for my own good." I whispered the last part.

"They didn't have the money to raise you. You wouldn't have this lifestyles if it was not for me." She said glaring at me.

"I never asked for this lifestyle. I'm grateful for all the beautiful things in the world that you have given. All expensive things, but no materialistic things is as beautiful as family."

She pursed her lips and frowned at me. "Are you saying that I'm materialistic?" She asked.

"I'm not judging you in the way you think, but I would ask you to look back and think what could have done better." I said as I walked towards the door. "I hope you can think it through and make a better decisions and this time keeping people in mind. Sometime, you have to think about people around you and their well-being as well."

She didn't stop me as I stepped out of the office. Elliot and Skylar was sitting in the living room.

"Can I stay with you guys in the hotel? I don't think I have any energy to stay here and have another talk with my grandma."

Elliot nodded his head, "Your Grandma?"

"She have to understand, not all things will go her way."

I packed my things and headed out with them to the Hotel.

I FaceTimed Carson. I was exhausted, I wanted to share with him about Liam's and my engagement, but seeing his exhausted look. I refrained myself. We were suppose to be exhausted and stressed about schools, about our career, about our work, but look at us.

We only have four days before the study break is over and then they have to return back to school. I can't drag them to my problem while they have their educations to worry about. That would be too selfish of me. I was sharing the room with Skylar even though I said I can book another one, she said she wanted to make sure I was fine and will be fine. She left me alone for a while to talk to Carson.

"I've been trying to figure out where your parents might have went after visiting San Jose. We are trying.."

"I know. Thank you." I said. "I really appreciated every help and support from you guys, please don't exhaust yourself." I reminded.

"I don't like the idea of you with that Liam, guy." He said.

If only he knew what went wrong this evening. He would have flipped and would have came over to argue with my grandma and that wouldn't have been helpful considering he's already in the bad side of my grandma's list.

"You have nothing to worry about. You have my heart, always."

"Promise?" He asked.

"Promise." I reassured him and I really hope I can keep my promise.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a Vote and share this book with other readers. Yesterday the book was #5 in romance and today it's #10 in teen fiction. It wouldn't have been possible without you. Thank you, thank you! To thank you, there will be a bonus update later. Thank you for everything❤️ I really appreciated all your kind messages and comments❤️