Chapter 61

Tracy

Grandma called me and said she would like to talk to me, the next day.

"We can come up with some kind of arrangement." She said through phones.

"The last time, you changed most of the arrangements. Can I trust you again?" I asked.

"Smart as ever." She sighed. "Let's have lunch, just you and me this time. No friends, no outsider. We will talk it through."

"I will only agree to this talk, if you tell me when I will be seeing Mom and Dad."

"Are we negotiating on the phone now?" She raised her voice.

"Yes." I said.

She took a deep breath and said, "I can arrange something, no promises. If they don't want to meet you. Do not blame me."

I know, they are looking for me but I don't want her to know that. I want to give her the idea that she was in control, as of now. I still am suspicious about her motives, but she's my grandma. I love her even when I disagree with her.

"Okay. Where are we meeting?" I asked.

"I will ask Amanda to text you the address." She said.

"Okay." I said.

"Are you sure it's a good idea?" Elliot frowned when I shared the details with them.

"It's just lunch with my grandma. Should be okay." I said. "She's still my grandma." I shrugged.

"We are just one call away." Skylar reminded. "Stay safe."

I would have never imagined anyone saying that to me when it came to meeting my grandma. She may not show love but she tried.

"I will be." I assured. She's not a bad lady, just made bad decisions in life.

"You didn't tell Carson about last night, did you? Seeing how oblivious he was. I doubted you shared anything about last night." Elliot said.

"I didn't want him to worry."

"He will be upset if he finds out from someone."

"I will tell him tonight." I said.

"That would be better. I didn't want to break it to him."

"Thank you." I said with relief.

For lunch, Grandma wanted me to meet at a high end restaurant, like always. She booked a private room for us to have a conversation.

"You do know I won't be changing my mind about Liam being the right man for you." She started and I pursed my lip, I should have known better. "I'm not asking you to marry him. It's engagement. Get to know him and get engage with him, it will be good for us and for his family. It's a win-win situation."

"Is it a business deal?" I scoffed.

"You need to think it through. Love will get you no where." she said as she sipped her water. "You may think you are in love with someone, now. Things can change, you may fall out of love or they can fall out of love. Then what?"

"What about this business deal arrangement?"

"It's a benefit for us and them."

"I can't believe you." I said to her. "I thought you were going to think it through."

"I did and I know my decision is the safest for you."

"For me or for you?"

"I won't be having this conversation again." She said to me. "I will be informing Liam's parents about this."

"No." I said shaking my head.

"You left me no choice." She said as she called someone. "Come in."

And I heard clicking of heels and then the door opening and I see the unexpected, Taylor. She was smirking at me.

"What is she doing over here?" I asked, Grandma.

"Taylor here is going to help me." Grandma said smiling at Taylor and I felt nauseous.

"How do you know her?"I asked.

"I know people who needs help." Grandma said.

"What are you planning?" I fumed as I stood up from the chair.

"Nothing much... Taylor will be doing her job."

"And what's her job?" I looked at Taylor who smirked.

"Now, that's a secret." She winked at me.

"I have had enough." I said walking towards the door. "I can't believe I agreed to come and talk."

"I expect you to be home, tonight." Grandma said. You think I will?

I called up Carson, I needed to hear his voice. I wanted the reassurance that everything was going to be okay. I don't know why Taylor was here or why my grandma called her.

Carson didn't pick up my call.. Elliot called me and asked me about my whereabouts.

"I'm leaving the restaurant."

"It's bad.." he said.

"What happened?"

"Carson found out about the engagement through Taylor."

And my heart raced a little.

"Kyle called and Carson is upset."

"He thought you agreed to the engagement."

"How can I connect with him?" I asked. "He's not answering my call."

"Let's give him some time. He should confront you rather than listening to Taylor. She might have added bullsh*t."

Why are there so many things piling up all at once? I don't know how much I can handle or where to really begin from. I was going to have a breakdown in this public space and I don't know what to do. I feel like my world was falling apart right in front of me.

"Are you okay?" A woman who seemed familiar to me asked. She had the warmest brown eyes that matches her hair colour. I have seen her before, but I can't point out, where.

I nodded my head. "You want to talk to someone? I'm a good listener?" She reassured me with a smile.

I don't know whether to trust her or not. She's a stranger.

"What better way than to share with a stranger who have no idea about you and won't be judgemental." She said and I give in after thinking about it.

We walked to the park quietly. I have no idea who she was and why she was being so kind to me. She could be busy, could have did something better than accompany a messed up teenager to the park.

We sat down on the bench as we looked at the young children playing in the park and sat there quietly.

"I have a daughter who I miss so much.." she started. I think she wanted to make me feel comfortable by sharing her life a little. "She doesn't know that, though." She sighed and looked at me.

"What's stressing you out?" She asked.

Author's Note:Thank you for reading this book. Please give this chapter a Vote and a share. Next update will be tomorrow :) it's going to be an exciting and a different chapter tomorrow. So, add this book to your reading list or library to get updates. Thank you for all your support, messages, and comments ❤️