Chapter 55

Tracy

My grandma arranged such a huge lunch that I almost thought we were having lunch with the neighbourhood.

"Your arrangement is always so nice, Ms. Williams." He said, complimenting her, which I felt was useless because my grandma just ordered people and they do all the work.

"Thank you Liam, I hope you will like the foods." She give him a sweet smile and I almost gagged at her sweetness.

I know, she have a lot of things she wanted to tell me- for instance, I was not dressed "appropriately" she thinks wearing sweat pant and shirt is an inappropriate clothes and should be banned, my lack of table manners. Not sitting up straight and picking on my foods. She is being patient and is watching me and my move and I know once Liam leave, she will pounce on me and may even call that crazy teacher to teach me the "appropriate manners"

Liam spoke about his college life, what he is into right now and how he is managing both studies and family business and my grandma sat there looking so proudly at him, that for a moment I thought he was her grandson.

"You are so incredible, young and wise. You will go far if you keep up the good work. Some teenagers are just wasting time in partying and finding wrong groups of people." She smiled and looked at me.

"They are living their lives the way they want." I retorted. "We should not judge other people's lives by a scene that we walked into."

Liam was uncomfortable by me retorting back because he knows how my grandma actually feel about it.

My grandma scoffed and then give a sweet smile. "Those are some wise words." And I know she did not mean it.

"When are you free to hang out next?" Liam asked as I walked him out because my grandma did not have the time to.

"I don't know." I said.

"Oh." He said, looking disappointed.

"Yea."

"How about I text you some date and you can tell me when you are free."

And I laughed, text me? Do I have my phone with me that he will text me? My grandma most probably thought we lived in fifties and phone was not a necessity. Well, at least I can make a good excuse for not replying.

"Sure." I said. I hope my grandma's plan is backfired.

"Sounds great!" He said and give me a quick hug. "It's so nice to see you home."

Home, more like a prison inside.

"See you, Li." I said as he walked down the majestic stairs and to his car that was waiting down.

"Very well." My grandma said, approvingly as I walked by in. "Apart from your inappropriate clothing and lack of table manners, you were good today."

"I was good not because I wanted to save you from embarrassment it is all because I think Liam deserve much more better. He does not deserve to be dragged in our matter and most importantly he deserved to be treated well and should not feel embarrassed for what is happening."

"You are speaking your mind out now, where is my old Tracy?" She asked softly.

"Oh, I think she left herself long time back." I said.

She smiled, "You almost sounded like your mother."

And I stiffened at her words, she knows very well- how sensitive I am about this topic.

"You better not start." I said.

"I thought you wanted to know more about your parents."

"I sure do, but I will never ever listen about them from you because I know how ungrateful you are of them. You can lie to me about some matters, I won't be surprise you will lie about them."

"My naive Tracy." She said, "You are becoming wiser, San Francisco taught you so much?

And I felt nauseous every passing minute.

"What is his name? Carson Cooper? That young man is so handsome, too bad he have a bad reputation."

"What are you talking about?" I snapped.

"He called in your phone numerous time." She smiled, "after that one text that 'we are over' he seemed pretty upset."

"You did not." I shouted.

"It is for your own good, honey." She said and I glared at her, making sure I do not cry in front of her.

"For your good." I snapped. "Always looking for your own good, shows how selfish you are."

And that was the last straw before I headed for the door,she should have expected that, but she did not as she screamed for her guards to stop me.

"If you touch me I will call the police on you because you know what she is doing is crazy." I said, glaring at them.

My grandma's butler for the first time ever, I heard her whisper to them, "Let her go, but don't make it so obvious."

I pretended to knee one of them in the jewel and pushed him towards them.

I escaped for freedom and escaped from her crazy hold on someone else's life. My grandma would have never expected that her favourite butler would help me escape.

A female guard, appeared out of no where and looked at me in the eye and looked at the corner of her eyes.

"Is your grandma standing there? Make a fist if she is." And I followed along.

"Pretend to knock me over, twirl me around first, so I took her arm and twirl her that looked like I was twisting her arm. She used self defence and used the same way, before I felt something slipped into my sweat pant.

"Call your friend or someone who can help you." And then her gripped loosened and I twisted her arm and pulled her down to her knee and pretended to knock her.

"Thank you." I whispered and ran from this place called home, the second time.

I was so desperate to escape, that I didn't notice a moving car was coming towards me and I panic and stood still in shock and waited for the car to hit me.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a Vote and share this book with other readers. Read my other books which you can find in my profile and support my other books as well. Your support means a lot to me ❤️