Chapter 17

Tracy

The guy was Cameron and he smelled of smokes and alcohol. He looked like he had a long night with eye bags and messy hair as he grinned.

"I'm fine." I said in the most nicest way possible and while trying to get my things back, but this guy decided to hold it firm and carry it for me.

My patience was running out with his attitude. "I'm running late." I said not in the mood to play his games.

"Today is Saturday." He pointed out. "Date night?"

"That's none of your business." I said and tried again to get my bag, but he did not allow me.

"I think this beautiful lady just said something." I heard Ashton say before I see him and when I did he was right next to me glaring down at the guy.

"Now, who the f*** are you?" Cameron said with a scowl.

"I am someone you don't have to know about, unless you want to start a fight." Ashton said nonchalantly.

Cameron huffed as he passed the bag to Ashton and looked at me, "I will see you in class."

"You won't be." Ashton said. "Stay away from her."

Cameron did not say anything as he scurried away to another direction.

"Thanks."I said to Ashton as soon as Cameron was gone.

"No problem." He said as he started walking with my groceries.

"I can carry them."I said talking about my things.

"You can, but you won't be because I'm not allowing a beautiful lady to carry such heavy things by herself."

His words did made my stomach fluttered, but I said. "I have been carrying heavy things for a long time. I can manage."

"You can, but when you are with me. I cannot." He said as he walked towards our building.

"What were you doing before all of this?" I questioned him curiously because he popped up out of nowhere.

"I just went out for fresh air." He said and now I can smell the cigarettes smell from him and I said,

"Does your fresh air includes the smoke from the cigarette?"

He give me a sheepish smile. "I had a long day."

I shake my head as we entered the building.

"You are still in for the pizza night?" He asked.

I shake my head, No. "I'm busy tonight, but thank you for the invite." I said.

His eyes searched mine for something that I was not sure of. "I already ordered some pizzas." He said and my eyes widened in surprised.

It was just 6 pm and he did what? Was he trying to make me feel guilty?

"It's not like I'm inviting you alone. Your roommates can come too." He shrugged. "I just need company for my first day at this new place."

And I understand how he must be feeling or it is just me. I moved from San Jose to San Francisco and it was not easy moving to a new place and not knowing anyone.

"I will ask her." I said sighing after giving in.

"I promise, none of you will regret it and I stay alone, so no trouble too." He said and I give him a questioning look.

"How come you are living alone?" I asked.

"I bought all the space, so I don't have to share it with anyone." He said.

"What?" I said.

"Don't worry, I can assure you that I followed procedures and policies when I did those things."

"I didn't even say anything!" I said.

"You did not, but your facial expression says a lot about you." He said smiling. "You can't hide emotions, can you?"

I shrugged. "Which floor you are living in?" He asked me.

"You think I will tell you?" I said with a small smile.

He frowned. "It's not like I will do anything to you." He said.

"I know, but I'm not yet comfortable with telling people where I stay." I said honestly.

He nodded his head. "Well, then I will go up first?" He suggested.

"That will be great!" I said glad that he understands.

"Pizzas arriving at 7:30 pm. Wear comfy clothes." He said as he passed me the grocery when the elevator door opened and he walked in. "See you later."

When I got back to my room. Skylar was in the kitchen.

"How is it going?" I asked as I put the bags in the counter.

"Better than I deserve." She said.

"It happens." I said biting my lips.

"I am sorry about last night." She apologized.

"Well, then instead of apologizing, would you like to come with me later for a pizza night with our new transfer student." I said hoping she will agree.

"Sure." She said and didn't ask me who it was.

"Great!" I said clapping my hand excitedly. "It's at 7:30 pm." I said and she just nodded her head. "Oh.. and feel free to wear comfortable clothes."

"Like?" She asked as she sipped some hot drink.

"PJ's or onesie? Anything you are most comfortable in wearing." I said.

She smiled at me. "Seem like a comfortable night tonight."

"I hope so." I said to her as I started unpacking the groceries.

We left the room at around 7:25 pm to go to his place. His floor was similar to ours, but with more people roaming around than compared to ours. The people give us weird look because we were not exactly dressed to go out, we were dressed more to stay in, which is exactly what we were trying to do.

Ashton opened the door with a satisfied look and Skylar gasped as soon as she saw Ashton. As I said before, Ashton is a handsome guy without even trying. He just had a black shirt and a grey sweatpants on with his hair in the same spike.

"Welcome to my little getaway." Ashton said.

Author's Note: Thank you so much for reading this book, please give this chapter a vote if you like it. Add this book to your reading lists if you haven't and please share our book with others! Your support will mean a lot to us. Thank you so much. Next update will be on Friday. Happy readings!