Chapter 51

Logan

As we arrived back at the Palm Woods, Natalie's mom, Ms. Green, came rushing over to us, freaking out. Her hands were tightly wrapped around my one arm, her nails digging into my skin.

"Ms. Green, are you okay?"  I asked, slightly wincing in pain from Ms. Green's nails.

"Where's my daughter? It's been a month, where is she?!" She shrieked, my hands flying up to my ear as an immediate response.

Did she not know that Natalie's in the hospital and in a coma?

"You d- didn't hear?" I stuttered, my eyes looking at James, Carlos and Jo. Ms. Green kept her eyes on me, so I had to spill everything to her.

"She's in the hospital, Ms. Green. She's—"

"What happened to her?" She asked, calming down, but not by much at all.

"She crashed her car into a tree..." James said, as he could see that I didn't want to say what happened to her myself. Hey eyes widened, her mouth was agape, then loud, painful tears flowed down her face.

"H- how did this h- happen?"

I gulped and looked over at Kendall, who's face was pointing at the floor, while shuffling his feet. I made eye contact with Jo and signaled to her to let Kendall know that he needs to speak up about it.

"Ms. Green? I know how this happened." Kendall's voice came out small and extremely soft. Ms. Green let go of my arm and made her way over to Kendall, worry and pain and anger spread throughout her entire face.

"It's my fault. It's my fault that Natalie's in the hospital. If I would've just stopped and listened to her, this wouldn't have happened. I'm so sorry."

Ms. Green, already rather upset, looks at Kendall. Her hands, shaped like talons of an eagle, reached up and grabbed Kendall's face forcefully. Her face turned red, showing nothing but pure rage now.

"You...put my daughter...in the hospital?!" Ms. Green was screaming at the top of lungs, causing everyone, including Camille, came running over to see what happened.

"I can explain—"

"No, you've said enough." Ms. Green stomped off, and Kendall's was face was definitely unexplainable. Camille rushed over to me, a scared look also represented on her face.

"This is...bad." Camille said, after everyone was silent watching Ms. Green stomp off. "I've never seen her act this way. The only I've ever seen this made is Gustavo." My eyes widened so quick when I said Gustavo's name.

"Gustavo!" I yelled, running over to James, Kendall and Carlos. "She's going to tell Gustavo, Natalie's dad. Then, he's going to kill you, Kendall." Kendall's heavy breathing suddenly stopped.

We bolted out of the door and sprinted down to Rocque Records, shoving the doors open on the way in. "Ah, boys! It's been quite a while. How—"

He looked over at Kendall's face, then Gustavo's face completely dropped. "Who crapped in Kendall's cereal this morning?

"More like a month ago." I slapped James' shoulder. He shrugged it off then stepped backwards behind Kendall. Gustavo's eyebrows raised, and if on cue, Kelley appeared next to him.

"Same thing. What happened?"

Carlos stepped forward and bowed his head while he started talking. "Gustavo, sir, you're daughter, which is Natalie, is in the...hospital."

Gustavo gasped, dripping the glass cup he was holding in his left hand. "Is that...is that why Kendall looks like..." I shook my head before I let him finish his sentence. Yeah, Gustavo is literally going to kill Kendall for this, no doubt about it.

"My god, you...you idiot! How could you do this to my only daughter?" Then I saw something I never expected Gustavo to do. He was crying. And hard.

"Please, you don't understand! I didn't think she would do something like...this! I love her, Gustavo! I love her so much to the point that I don't want to live with her like this." Kendall cried again, and he's been crying so much lately, I'm scared he's going to not have any more tear left in his system.

"You love her? You think you love her? If you loved my daughter, then why, tell me why, you left her crying in the lobby. Tell me why you walked away from her like it wasn't a big deal."

Kendall shot his head up and glared straight at him, and I saw daggers flying everywhere. Not literally, I'm being sarcastic.

"Because I knew that I had to protect her."

Vote & Comment!