Chapter 27

Kendall

I was fuming by the time I left Rocque Records. Natalie is not a toy, she's my girlfriend. Just because I get called a dog by Gustavo doesn't mean he has the right to nickname my girlfriend a toy.

"I need to calm down. I need to calm down." I whispered to myself as I was pacing back in forth in the lobby. "What's wrong big brother?" I opened my eyes and Katie was standing rather close to me, almost making me jump.

"Nothing. Okay, it is something. Gustavo called Natalie a toy, only because he calls me a dog."

Katie's mouth dropped open and her hands landed on her hips. "No one, besides me, messes with my big brother." She turned on her heel and I knew that she was on her way to talk to Gustavo.

"No, Katie! Let me and the guys handle this. I love you, but stay out of this." I placed a hand on her shoulder and steered her to the pool. Now that I got Katie away, time to go find Natalie.

I pulled out my phone and texted Natalie asking where she was. She replied saying that she was up in Camille's apartment, so I went in the elevator and pushed the button to Camille's floor. Once I reached her door, I didn't even have to knock because the door swung open and Natalie yanked me inside.

"Hey." I smiled and lifted her face up to mine so I could kiss her. I felt her smile in the kiss and I pulled away. "Hey." I saw the blush creeping up on her face, but she tried to hide her face from me.

"How come your guys relationship is stronger and better than mine and Logan's?" Camille pouted, shoving her hands under her chin. "Better question, how is your relationship better than mine and James'?" Jo stated, copying Camille's movements.

Natalie straightened herself up and crossed her legs. "First of all, Camille. You and Logan have a, what's the word? Oh, a weird relationship. It's cute, but weird. Second of all, Jo. You and James are constantly fighting. Your relationship is far beyond healthy and stable. You both need to work on yourselves before you even think of getting back together."

I blinked my eyes then stared at Natalie for what seemed like hours. "What?" She fixed her gaze towards me. "It's just that you have a way with words. Uh, why couldn't you use those strong words on me when we, you know, broke up?" I swallowed the lump that was stuck in my throat.

"You're different Kendall. I would've been stronger than ever with my words, but I was weak. I shut myself down in front of you, and I've never done that. But you, I couldn't ever say anything like that to you because you mean too much to me Kendall." I shouldn't have brought that up because tears were already falling from Natalie's eyes.

"Hey, I'm sorry. Don't cry, I shouldn't have said anything." Camille and Jo were dead silent and staring at the scene in front of them. "Maybe we should—" Camille shushed Jo. "This is my apartment. We'll just go in a different room." Camille and Jo got up and left to go in the bedroom.

"Let's go to your apartment and watch some movies or something." I carried Natalie all through the elevator and up to her apartment, and she fell asleep very quickly.

While Natalie was peacefully sleeping on the couch, the guys and I were currently running around the apartment, quietly, trying to make sure not a speck of dust was in sight. We may have sorta wrecked the apartment while Natalie's mom was out doing errands.

"Apparently, her mom has very strong eyes and I'm not trying to die." James whisper-shouted, shoving Logan towards the couch to sweep the non-existent dust from under his feet. 

"Says the one who barely did anything but stared in the mirror for two hours!" Logan said, sitting himself up and grabbing a hand duster from the table and sweeping it off. I was in the back part of the living room, sweeping the same area over and over again to make sure it was spotless.

"Oh yeah? Well at least I wasn't sitting at the table eating a lifetime supply of corn dogs!" James snapped back, earning a gasp in response from Carlos, who was actually eating another corn dog.

"Hey, I was hungry! And besides, at least I'm not the one who was day-dreaming about Camille and pretending to kiss her!" Carlos hissed at Logan, who's face was as red as a tomato.

I gently laid the broom against the wall and sat down at the edge of the couch where Natalie was. "Okay, none of you guys have been doing anything. I was the one sweeping and dusting everything, and for the past twenty minutes you've been snapping back remarks at each other. Now, let's finish before Natalie wakes up and her mom gets ho—"

The door opened and Natalie's mom entered. Our heads turned towards her and our eyes shut. We heard the bags drop and we all knew what was about to come.

"What did you guys do? The apartment is a mess!" She shrieked, all of us falling because of the ear-piercing death scream. Natalie jolted upright, half-scared to death from her mom.

Vote & Comment!