Chapter 17

Camille

Natalie's alarm woke us both up at nearly eight in the morning. I rubbed my eyes and gently nudged Natalie to get her up and moving so that she doesn't miss her cab to the airport. "Come on, you don't want to miss the cab." There was no emotion in my voice as I helped my best friend grab her bags and say goodbye to her apartment.

Once everything was loaded into the cab, I turned to face my best friend that I most likely wasn't going to see again. "I'll miss you so much Natalie!" I cried into her shoulders. Her arms wrapped tighter around me, and neither of us wanted to let go.

"I'll miss you so much too Camille!" We both cried for a good minute or so before the driver honked at us, telling Natalie that she better hurry before she misses her flight back to Minnesota. As soon as I shut the door, I knew that my best friend would be gone. Forever.

I wasn't happy the rest of the days, or the days after that. How could I be happy when my best friend was miles and miles away from me? I won't be able to see her everyday and I won't be able to laugh with her or the guys anymore. Everyone around me thought I was acting all upset for a scene, but I wasn't.

I know that Jo and Natalie had a pretty big fight, so I knew that they didn't make up, and I know for a fact that Kendall and Natalie won't be making up anytime soon. Hours went by, and that's when the guys started to realize that none of them have seen or heard from Natalie.

"Have any of you seen or heard from Natalie today? She's usually with us and she's not." Logan said, looking around the pool for any sign of Natalie. Everyone shook their heads and I just sat there quietly trying to block out what they were saying.

"I know where she is." I spoke, not looking at anyone. From the corner of my eye, I saw all of them staring in my direction. "Where is she?" Carlos turned his whole body towards me, along with everyone else, including Kendall himself. I didn't say anything. I couldn't say anything. That's how upset and confused and angry I was.

"Minnesota." That's all I said when I got up. Kendall's eyes opened wide and he knew that he was reason why Natalie left Palm Woods. No one said anything. They were just as shocked as I was when I found out she was leaving.

"You're the reason why she left, Kendall! If you would've never cheated on her, then maybe, just maybe, she would still be at Palm Woods. Take a minute to realize what you did and how much pain you caused her."

I didn't let anyone say anything. Katie walked over to me and said that she needed to talk to Natalie about helping her with her school project. "There isn't anything she can do if she's not here anymore. I'm sorry Katie, ask Logan." I sighed and sat down on a lobby chair. I pulled out my phone and went to Natalie's number. I had to make sure she was either on the plane or already in Minnesota, and make sure she made it home okay.

Camille: Hey Natalie. Hope your flight is going well. I miss you, and I wish you didn't leave, xo.

She didn't text back for quite a while, so I figured that she had her phone on airplane mode until they landed or had a layover. I slid my phone back in  my pocket and watched as Kendall sat down next to me.

"Has Natalie said anything about what I did? I know, you're more than mad at me, but I just want to know."

I sighed again. "She just wanted to be happy, Kendall. But you took that from her when you messed up. She cried herself to sleep last night. But if I were you, I'd keep my distance until she's ready to talk to you again, which might be a long time before she does."

Logan and I had a date night, which seemed like forever since we went on a date. "You okay Camille?" We were currently snuggled up against each other out on a blanket on the floor of his apartment. "I just wish Natalie didn't leave, you know?"

"We all miss her. I know that Kendall and Jo do. They were Natalie's favorite people but they hurt her in different ways. But hey, I'm sure she's more than fine, and you've got me if you need to cry, okay? I love you." Logan wiped my tear that fell onto my cheek.

"I love you too."

Vote & Comment!