Chapter 43

Natalie

Kendall and I have been ignoring each other ever since our breakup almost a week ago. James and I had talked everything out and it was an accident because of neither of us have feelings for each other.

"You guys both look horrible." Carlos sat next to me while eating a corn dog. I sighed and leaned back on the lawn chair. "I just wish he would let me talk. I never planned on this happening, it was a mistake and an accident, I don't know why he can't see that." My voice started cracking but I composed myself.

"Kendall takes things personally and seriously. Maybe after the pain that he caused you, it reversed itself and you hurt him."

I looked over at Carlos and I felt betrayed. "So this is my fault?" I stood up and faced him. "I never said that. Stop assuming things Natalie." Carlos defended himself.

"No, you're saying that this is my fault that Kendall and I aren't together anymore." I stood my guard and refused to start breaking down. "It's both yours and James' fault. You leaned in and so did he, so you're both to blame." Carlos said and started to walk off.

I sat back down and rocked myself back and forth until I calmed down. "If it makes you feel any better, I bought you a smoothie." I looked up to see Logan holding up a smoothie towards me. I smiled and reached out for it. "Thanks Loges. I'm so happy I have a best friend like you."

"Well, what are friends for?"

I laughed, and I felt good that I could let all my anger go away and the happy Natalie come back out again.

"Camille and I...we ended things last night."

My head shot towards Logan and I choked on my smoothie. "What? Why?" He pulled out his phone and showed me the messages. I scrolled through them all then handed his phone back to him when I finished reading them.

"I'm sorry Logan, maybe she wasn't right for you." I leaned my head into his shoulder and wrapped my hand around his in complete comfort. "I love her still."

"I love him still."

"Have you ever considered trying to talk to Kendall about everything?" Logan shifted his body weight so that I was now laying down. "Well, the night it happened, yes. After that, we've ignored each other for a week."

"Go talk to him Natalie. Get him back."

Kendall was walking towards the elevators when I stopped him from a few feet away. "Kendall, we need to talk." I said, emotion through all my words. "I don't want to." He presses the button and waited for the elevator to open.

"You don't have to say anything, please just hear me out."

I heard him sigh and then turn around, motioning me for to start talking. "Make it quick Natalie."

"Do you want to know why I came back here? I came for you and I just wanted to fix things with you. All those months I was gone, I cried myself to sleep every single night knowing that I lost the one piece of my heart. You kept me safe, you gave me the security that I needed. I love you Kendall, I love you so much, I just wish you could see that. Two years ago was one of the best years of my life, because I met you. God, for crying out loud Kendall, I didn't want anything to happen between me and James! Sometimes I don't even know if you love me like you say you do. I don't even know if you care about me like you say you do. I love you and I miss you Kendall. I'm so sorry."

I fell to my knees and balled my eyes out, watching Kendall stand there motionless. His eyes were watering and I saw tears start to fall. But what he did next broke me. He turned around and walked inside of that elevator.

I buried my face into my hands and cried in the middle of the lobby floor. I didn't care who saw me lose everything that I had. Jo sat next me and wrapped herself around me, but I couldn't calm down. "Here, let's go to your apartment and we'll just sit there and not do anything if that's what you want.

I just nodded.

Vote & Comment!