Chapter 49

James

It took the four of us to calm Kendall down. His body was reacting horribly to the news, and he wasn't taking it good at all. Yes, some of this is his fault, but not all of it. The other part, well, that was Natalie's fault and partly mine too.

I couldn't stop thinking about the night when I accidentally kissed Natalie, when Kendall was just a room away from us. I don't think of Natalie being more than being just a friend, so I don't even know where my mind was taking me at that time.

"Breathe Kendall. You need to breathe." I had my hand on his back while Logan, Carlos and Jo were either in front of or beside him. Kendall's face was turning white due to the breath that he was currently holding in.

"Breathe!" I said louder, causing Kendall to let out the breath that I didn't think he knew that he was holding in. I stood in front of him, putting both of my hands on either of his shoulders.

"Look, this isn't entirely all your fault. It's also mine and Natalie's too. You know this Kendall."

His eyes slowly looked up from the floor and locked with mine. I looked back at him, letting him know that I meant every single word I said. Everyone, including me, took at least five or more steps away from Kendall.

"If you wouldn't have kissed her, then she wouldn't be like this! She would be here, with me."

I nodded once, showing that I was guilty for what he said. Jo came up next to me, and her hand was extremely close to mine, so, as if it was on instinct, I grabbed hers and intertwined our fingers together without looking at her.

"James, can we talk, please?" Jo whispered, still staring at Kendall who hadn't even moved in the last few minutes.

"Yeah."

I followed her to my bedroom and closed the door behind me, then turning the light on. Jo seated herself on the corner of my bed, and I took a seat on my chair next to her.

"What's up?" I asked after it got too quiet. She was fumbling with her fingers, meaning that she was nervous about what she wanted to say.

"Jo—"

"I miss you." She finally said, looking up at me with glossy eyes. It took me a second to process what she said. "I miss you too." I admitted, sliding closer to her.

"I missed what we had, James. I miss everything." Now, she was crying. I got up and sat next to her, pulling her into me and hugging her with all the force I had in me. I then kissed the top of her head, smelling the strawberry shampoo that she always uses.

"I still love you."

She raised her head up, and before I knew it, her lips were on mine, and I reacted back by kissing her, but with more force. God, I really did miss her.

Kendall didn't want to go the hospital with us to see Natalie. I didn't argue back as the rest of us left at around nine and headed up to the hospital.

"We're here to see Natalie Rocque." I said to the receptionist as we walked up to the desk. "Of course. She's in room 318. Just take the elevator up to the third floor and right down the hallway. The room should be on your left."

I nodded a thank you.

Natalie was laying peaceful on the bed, tubes and everything running over her body. I stopped in place, my eyes running back and forth over her lifeless looking, small body. I gulped very quickly then proceeded to make my way towards the bed. I pulled a chair over and slid it next to the bed, then sitting in it. Jo, Carlos and Logan all did the same, soon all of us in a row together by Natalie.

"Oh my god Natalie. I'm so sorry this happened to you." I said, placing my hand on top of hers, everyone coping my movements as well.

"We love you so much and we just wish that you could hear us." Jo said, softly crying again.

"Take care Nat." Logan said, kissing Natalie's hand.

"Everything going to be okay, we can get though this, we all can." Carlos was the last to talk, then we said our goodbyes and waited for Kendall to come up with us the next we came.

Vote & Comment!