Chapter 50

Carlos

Kendall stood outside of Natalie's hospital room, not even bothering to open the door. His eyes were puffy and red from crying, and I don't blame him for that. I walked out behind him, reaching for the door handle. His hand stopped mine, then he proceeded to open the door himself.

He barely had the door open halfway when I heard him choke up and tears were spilling down his face, and he didn't even see Natalie yet. Slowly, he pushed the door completely open, stepping a foot into the room. He stopped where he was and stared straight ahead, noticing Natalie in the bed, motionless.

He made his way over towards her, getting down onto his knees. He bowed his head on the side of Natalie's bed, his back moving up and down from the excessive amount of crying that he's doing right now.

I shut the door behind me, then sat in the chair right by the bathroom, and I didn't think Kendall knew I was even here. Kendall soon sat up, then quickly grabbed a chair and slammed it down, not even sitting in it.

"Why am I so stupid?! I did this to you, and I can't ever forgive myself for it! I love you so much, Natalie."

I watched as Kendall completely broke down next to the bed of Natalie. I know that I should be giving Kendall privacy, but he can't be in here alone, not with the condition he's in right now. My mind flew back and forth with the thought of what life would've been like if Natalie's crash never happened and if they never gotten into their out of hand fight.

Kendall poured his entire heart out to Natalie, even though she'd couldn't do anything about it, she can't even acknowledge that she understands and hears him. Man, this breaks my heart too knowing that the girl on that bed is the girl that Kendall loves the most out of anyone.

Kendall looked to his right and saw me, and I swear to god, he didn't even look like himself at all. His hair was messy, his eyes didn't even look like they were hazel anymore, they looked looked...grey and lifeless, his face was stained with tears.

"I- I..."

It hurt to know how much Kendall was hurting. It hurt to know that my best friend was grieving the most he's ever grieved in his entire life of living.

"Come here."

He walked over to me, and I pulled him into a hug, tapping his back a few times in support.  "C- Carlos, I- I..."

"I know, Kendall. I know." I tried to cut his sentences short before he started to cry again, and he did, and I was there to comfort and support him through it all.

"How did Kendall take it?" James asked when Kendall darted out of the room, not bothering to speak to us. "Not so good, he was a mess." I shook my head.

"This is so heartbreaking, especially for Kendall." Jo said, while drinking her coffee. I nodded once and kept my head down. Natalie's been in a coma for almost a month already, and we don't even if she's going to wake up from it, or if she'll even remember us.

"Come one guys, we can't keep thinking negative thoughts, we have to think positive. That's what Natalie would want us to do, right?" Logan spoke up, stepping in the middle of everyone.