Chapter 15

Kendall

I didn't know what time Natalie was supposed to show up so I just stayed back at the crib with the guys and played some video games. Carlos and Logan always tend to fight over who's the better player when we all know that I'm the best player out of all of them. They don't like to admit it, but they know I am.

"I'm going to go down to the lobby and see if Natalie, Jo and Camille are back. See you guys in a bit." I shut the door to my apartment and took the elevator down to the main lobby. I accidentally bumped into a girl when turning the corner. "I'm sorry, that was my fault. I just moved here and I'm already losing my mind and bumping into people." I helped the girl up and made out her features.

She had long blonde hair and blue eyes. A few freckles brushed over her cheekbones and nose. "Welcome to the Palm Woods. I'm Kendall." I sent her a smile. "I'm Emma. Nice to meet you." Me and Emma talked for a while before she did something unexpected.

She kissed me. I barely knew her, and she was already kissing me. I had a girlfriend for crying out loud, and I'm letting this girl smother me with a kiss. But something about Emma drawled me in without a second thought. Natalie left my mind and Emma had me thinking twice about what was going on.

"Let's go get a smoothie. On me." I smiled, pulling her hand out the lobby doors and toward the front lawn. I bought her a smoothie and before I could even hand it to her, she kissed me again and me, being stupid, I kissed her back. When I pulled away, I looked behind Emma and saw Jo, Natalie and James sitting on a blanket on the front lawn, and Jo was staring right at me.

James and Natalie's back were facing me, so they couldn't see what was going on behind them. My heart thudded to a complete stop and I felt like I was getting sick. Jo looked at me, disappointment and sadness spreading through her face. "Just go." I saw her mouth towards me, indicating that I should go before Natalie turns around and breaks down in front of me.

I know that I'm basically cheating on Natalie. I didn't plan on ever cheating on her, but Emma has done something to me that kept me close to her. As much as it sounds stupid and disrespectful, Natalie can't find out about this. Jo already knows, so knowing her, she might tell Natalie what she saw. I need to figure out how to get out of Emma's trance and get back to Natalie without her finding out about this. That's going to be hard, considering that Natalie is literally everywhere and there's no hiding from her.

I told Emma that I had to go back to the studio to record and that I'll find her later in the day. I ran through the lobby and up the stairs until I made it to my apartment. When I opened the door, Jo and James were standing in the open, anger filling up their faces. Looks like Jo told James about it. And now I'm going to get the beat down of my life.

"How could you do that to Natalie? You know she cared about you, you know that she stayed here because of you!" Jo yelled at me, wrapping her arm through James' to keep from launching herself at me. I sighed and bowed my head down, knowing that I was completely guilty and defeated.

"Kendall, she's so happy when she's with you, and you're tearing that away from her. Can you imagine what this is going to do to her?" James said, keeping his place because god forbid he throws himself at me and beats the crap out of me.

I looked up at them, my emotions taking over my body. "No, and you're not going to tell her about this. This is my problem, and I'm going to fix it myself. Stay out of it, both of you."

I threw open my apartment door and slammed it shut on my way out. To clear my head, I went down to the pool and sat down, my head in my hands. "Hey Kendall." I looked up to see Emma sitting next to me. I didn't even smile at her. "Hey." She frowned, and she knew right off the bat that something was wrong. She pulled my face to hers and kissed me, and I, of course, kissed her back.

"Kendall?" I ripped my head away and saw Natalie standing a few feet away from me, tears spilling out of her eyes. I felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest and stomped on.

What did I do?

Vote & Comment!