Chapter 47

Jo

My body was pressed against the drivers side door, hovering across Natalie's limp and unconscious body while Logan was on the phone, because I couldn't do it. I was crying my eyes out of the fact that my best friend could be dead, all because of what Kendall did to her that she couldn't get over.

Logan rushed over to the car and I noticed that tears were falling down his face as well. I pulled away from the car and hugged Logan, squeezing him tightly to let him know that I'm here for him, and that we're going to get through this. All of a sudden, I heard the faint sounds of siren as the valuable approached the street.

Moments later, the ambulance was in front of us and the paramedics were already pulling out a stretcher while the other two tried to wedge Natalie out of the smashed vehicle.

"Are you the friends of her?" One of the paramedics asked, pointing at Natalie, who was being lifted into the ambulance. "Yes." Was all I could get out from my mouth.

"Since her parents aren't here, you'll have to come with us." The paramedic said before we walked in the back of the ambulance. Natalie was laying on the stretcher, while someone was giving her oxygen from the tank. "She's losing oxygen. I need you guys to help." I nodded at her and sat down, waiting for instructions. "Put your hand right on top of this and squeeze." I squeezed whatever it was and watched as it pumped oxygen through the tube into Natalie's lungs.

Logan, on the other hand, was sitting on the opposite side with his hands across his face. Just seeing Logan break like this is absolutely heart breaking. I'm breaking too, of course, but it just hurts me seeing Logan this way.

I stopped pumping oxygen and went over by Logan. I wrapped my one arm around him and gently pulled his body next to mine in comfort.

"I know you're hurting, and I know you're scared Logan. But—"

"There isn't a but Jo. Do you see what happened to her? The condition she's in right now?" Logan cut me off, now staring at me like I was a ghost or something.

"I'm scared too, I get it. All we have to do now is just wish for the best to come out of it." I sighed, fighting back the tears again.

We pulled up to the hospital and immediately Natalie was transmitted into the emergency room. Then receptionist ordered us to sit out in the lobby and wait until we were allowed to go in and see her. Hours must've gone by when I realized the time. It was almost ten at night, and we left the Palm Woods at about four. Becoming worried, I pulled out my phone and texted Camille to let her know that I won't be back for a while.

Jo: Hey, something came up so I won't be back for a few more hours. Don't worry about me, I'll be okay.

I then put my phone back into my pocket and laid my head against the palm of my hand, exhausted. A man in a white jacket stepped out of Natalie's room, causing me and Logan to jump out of the chairs.

"Jo Taylor and Logan Mitchell?" I pointed at us both and he sent a small smile while nodding. "You are allowed to go and see Natalie, but I'm afraid that she's in a coma and we aren't sure if or when she'll wake up."

My eyes widened and I just pulled Logan inside of the room with me.

By the time we got back to the Palm Woods, it was midnight already.

"Logan, could I stay with you tonight? I don't think I can stay alone." I said quietly once we were at the lobby doors. "Yeah...yeah." He hesitantly said, but confident after a second.

Bitters yelled at us as we walked past him and towards the elevator, but I knew that he was cranky and we didn't want to bother him anymore than we already have.

Logan pulled out his keys and unlocked the doors, slowly opening it and letting me inside. Kendall, James and Carlos were slumped over on the couch, completely knocked out. Logan tried, but miserably failed, to shut the door quietly.

Kendall spring up from the couch and was in front of us in a matter of seconds. "Where were you guys? It's midnight and you've been gone since four!"

Logan and I looked back and forth from each other and took a deep breath. He has to know the truth, but the truth is definitely going to hurt him...a lot.

"Natalie...she's...in the hospital, in a coma."

Vote & Comment! And yes, I'm using their stage names, not their real last names.