Chapter 32

Natalie

I got a text from my mom as I left to hang out with Kendall for a few hours. What could she need, I just left the apartment a little over twenty minutes ago.

Mom: Come back to the apartment. There's something that you need to know.

I groaned and texted her back, then texted Kendall and told him that I'm probably going to be a little late for our picnic date.

I opened the door, and I saw my mom and Gustavo talking on the couch. What in the world? I cleared my throat and walked towards them. No one said a word, but my mom patted the seat next to her for me to sit down.

"Honey, there's something that you should know, and I should've told you before." I nodded for my mom to go on, but she looked in Gustavo's direction.

"Natalie, I know you don't like me because of what happened a few months ago, and I guarantee that you'll hate me again in a minute."

I squinted my eyes. What's going on? My mom and Gustavo are acting extremely weird right now, and I don't like it.

"I'm confused."

My mom sighed and turned her whole body towards me. "Honey, remember Daryl?" My eyes widened and I shuddered at my dream that I had the other night. "You mean my dad? What about him?" I asked, crossing my legs over one another.

"He...he wasn't your real father, Natalie." My mom admitted, bowing her head down like someone just defeated her. I blinked several times to make sure that I was hearing correctly, and I was.

"What do you mean?"

"Your real father left when you were just a newborn. I married Daryl when you were a year old. You grew up with Daryl around, and you thought that he was your father, and I felt horrible knowing that he wasn't, but he raised you like you were his own daughter."

I didn't say a word. I didn't move a single muscle in my entire body. I was shocked. I was more than shocked, actually.

"You're lying. Daryl is my dad." I tried to defend myself, but it was no use. The next words that came out of my mom's mouth had me feeling horrified.

"No. Natalie...Gustavo is you're real father." My mouth dropped open. I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream. I wanted to do anything.

"I'm so sorry I left you and your mom. We felt like it was time that you knew the truth, and we couldn't keep it from you any longer." Gustavo said, regret surfacing his eyes and his entire face.

I stood up and backed away, gripping my sides. Anger rushed through my body like a rocket ready to explode.

"How could you?! After all this time, I thought that Daryl was my dad! But no, I had to now find out that he's my dad!" I screamed at my mother.

"You, you acted like you didn't know me! You treated me like I was freaking trash from the streets! You treat my boyfriend and my best friends like they're dogs! You called me a toy for crying out loud! Just because I know that you're my dad, does not mean that I'm calling you my dad. You don't deserve to be called dad because of the crap I went through because of you." I screamed again, but this time at Gustavo.

His face turned red and my moms face turned pale like a ghost. I stormed out of the apartment and cried on my way down to the lobby.

"Natalie? Why are you crying? Are you okay?" Carlos came up behind me and hugged me. I couldn't breathe.

"No, I'm not. Carlos, your boss, he wasn't just my boss when I worked for him." His eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

"I don't get it."

I turned around. "Gustavo's my dad. My mom just told me." I started crying again. Carlos just hugged me and let me cry into his shoulders. "I'm so sorry."

After minutes of crying, he led to me where everyone was so that he could tell the guys what just happened. Kendall looked beyond worried when he saw my face and my eyes all red.

"Guys, Natalie was treated like trash by Gustavo, and we all know that. But what he did was horribly wrong and she shouldn't have to go through this."

"Go through what? He was her boss." Logan said, sitting up.

Carlos took another deep breath. "Gustavo was not only her boss, but he's the father of Natalie, and he left her and her mom when she was a baby."

Everyone went silent. Kendall ran up to me and yanked me away from Carlos. "That—" I put a hand up in front of Kendall's face. "Don't even think about it."

His mouth shut and he stayed silent, just like the rest of us.

Vote & Comment!