Chapter 48

Kendall

"Tell me you're lying. Please tell me you're lying."

My eyes were watering and my body was tensing up because the girl that I loved could've died because of me.

"Kendall, why would we lie about something like this?" Jo said, defending herself and Logan from what I previously said. I was silent for just a moment while looking down at my feet.

"It's all my fault. I did this to her. I made her almost take her own life."

Logan came up next me, placing a hand on my shoulder. "If you wouldn't have walked away from her like you did, then she wouldn't be in the hospital, just saying." It took all the nerve in my entire body to not turn around and punch him straight in the face for saying that.

"Guys, why are you up?" I heard Carlos mumble from the couch, barely keeping his eyes open. James was stirring around in his sleep before slowly sitting up, his hair in every direction possible.

"Come see for yourself. Jo and Logan have some...news." I gritted my teeth together and prevented myself from crying my eyes out. James and Carlos trudged over to the front door, holding on to the counter top for support.

"Natalie's in a coma." Logan immediately said, which made James and Carlos' eyes shoot open, no longer looking tired. "What!" They both screamed in shock, their body's staying in the same position.

"Because of me. Everything's  because of me when it comes to Natalie."

Everyone was staring directing at me, but it didn't affect me because they all know that I'm right. They know it's my fault that Natalie's in the hospital. It's my fault that she's in a coma and might not even wake up from it.

"How is this—"

"You walked away from her when she needed you the most. You're the reason why she almost died."

James and Carlos spat at me, making me realize that what I did was a mistake and I should've sorted things out with my girl- ex girlfriend. I ignored everyone and went to my room, shutting the door behind me, and grabbing my guitar.

I swear I'll do anything that I have too

Till I forget about you

But that's the thing. I can't forget about her, even after all the crap I've been putting her through in the last two years. We dated, I cheated- on accident, she moved back to Minnesota, moved back, got back to together, she cheated- on accident, and now she's on the verge of losing her life, because of me.

I pounded my fist down on top of my nightstand multiple times to let out my anger. My anger got the best of me and I was throwing things at this point, and I couldn't stop, even if I wanted too.

I refused to go see Natalie, even though it killed me enough that I didn't want to see her slowly moving to death. Logan and Jo went back up there at seven this morning, so Carlos and James were going to go up there around noon.

Camille didn't know where anyone was, so I told her to come over and I'll explain every little detail of what exactly happened.

"S- so that's why she's in the hospital." I looked up and saw Camille's mouth wide open, no words or sounds coming out of her. I waved my hand, repeatedly, in front of her face to get her attention, and I finally did.

"I'm not trying to be rude, but this was clearly you're fault." As much as I wanted to tell her it wasn't, she was right. I deserve to be the one that was in the car. I deserve to be one in the coma. I deserve to be the one in hospital.

Natalie doesn't deserve this, she never should, because I was too stupid to stop and talk to her, but instead I walked inside of that elevator, forever breaking the live of my life.

Only one thing runs through my mind as I think about the alternative choice I should've made two weeks ago.

Is she even going to remember me and the things we've been through?

Vote & Comment!