Chapter 37

Natalie

"Okay, let's go over the plan." I started, Logan, Kendall and I forming a circle. I was able to drag Kendall into this, and we both made a deal with each other.

If me and Logan are right, Kendall has to strip to his underwear and run through the lobby, but if him and James are right, then I don't get any kisses from Kendall for two days. I thought it was fair, so I agreed to it.

"First, we set up a few cameras inside and outside of the lobby so we can have proof that Kylie isn't what she says she is." Logan said, pointing down at the list we had previously written.

"Second, me and Kendall will find her and ask her to hang out with us, then we'll start asking questions, hoping she'll break." I said, pointing at the next thing on the list.

"Third, I'll have my phone next to me and I'll record our conversation so that if you guys are right, we can show James." Kendall snatched the paper from Logan's hand and reread everything a few times.

I rolled my eyes and stuck out my tongue at him. I told Kendall that I'll need him in about an hour or two, so until then, he could do whatever he wanted. Logan and I were going to set up around four to six cameras through the Palm Woods and point them at a certain angle so that we could get good footage.

"Wait, where are we putting the cameras?" I asked while grabbing the ladder that Buddha Bob let us borrow. "We know that she's always with James, so putting a camera in this hallway can capture any footage of her coming or leaving our apartment."

I nodded and handed Logan a camera when he was on the ladder. "Don't you think we should put one inside your apartment? You know, since she's always in there."

After the camera was placed, Logan slowly got off the ladder. "Good idea. But first, make sure no one is in there." I nodded again and checked his apartment. "All good!" I yelled to him from inside.

Once we had two cameras in place, we headed to the elevator to place one in there, as well as two in the lobby and one out by the pool. We got back to the apartment and set everything up on Logan's computer so we could frequently watch who comes and goes.

"And we did it!" I hugged Logan and, as a friend, kissed him on the cheek. All six cameras showed what was happening outside, but even the one that we set up in here was freaking me out.

"There!" I suddenly yelled, pointing to the hallway camera. Kylie and James were kissing and you could literally hear all the sounds they made. I made a face of disgust and hopped of  the stool.

I pulled out my phone, went to my recent messages and texted Kendall saying that it was go time.

Natalie: All cameras are set. Meet me by the pool in five.

"Alright, our plan is done, now it's time for mine and Kendall's. See you later." I waved and walked out towards the pool. I saw Kendall already at a table, tapping his fingers against it.

"Have you seen her?" He shook his head, then pointed behind me. "Oh. Kylie! Come here!" I shouted, seeing her face my direction and smile.

"Natalie, Kendall. I haven't talked to you guys very much since I arrived here."

"Yeah, anyway, how are you liking the Palm Woods so far?" I asked, ignoring what she said. "It's really nice here. Everyone's so nice and friendly." Kylie said, not really making eye contact with us.

"People can be nice. Not all though." Kendall said, clearly speaking about Kylie, but not directly stating it.

"The other night. What happened? James only told us small information." I started to ask the deeper type of questions. Kylie's eyes went wide and then she started chewing on her hair. That's when I noticed that Kylie was wearing a short sleeve shirt, and her bruises were gone. Yes, gone.

"Why did you ask me that?"

I looked at Kendall and gave him a signal to look at Kylie's arms. His eyes flickered back up to mine. "Well, it looks like your bruises are gone, which shouldn't be possible."

Kylie didn't say another word. She stood up, leaned over the table, her hands gripping either side. "You guys listen here. I don't care what you have on me, but I am going to tell you this. Keep my name out of your mouth and stay away from James. Or else."

Kylie left, and Kendall grabbed his phone and stopped recording. We listened to the recording over and over again.

"We have a problem."

Vote & Comment!