Chapter 20

Natalie

I woke up to my eyes being all red and puffy from crying the night before. Aunt Monica and Uncle Mark came into my room and I finally said I wanted to talk about why I was so down and quiet the other day.

"When I moved to Palm Woods, I was hoping for a new life. A new experience in a new place. I made friends right off the bat, and I was happy. Then, I met this boy, Kendall, and my life got even better. We got in a fight, then made up. We started dating, and it all fell downhill right after. I saw him kissing another girl, and I lost it. I cried over him, I was so angry and upset that I couldn't stay there anymore. That's why I came back home, to forget about Kendall. But I can't. Why? I love him, Aunt Monica and Uncle Mark." I started crying for what felt like the millionth time already.

"Sweetie, he's just a boy. You'll get over him. You'll find someone new that—"

"No! I don't want another boy! I want Kendall and only him. I left without saying goodbye to him. Do you know how much that hurt not only me, but him too? I broke his heart when he broke mine. I can't fix this, even if I wanted too."

Aunt Monica sighed. I knew that she didn't understand teenage love and heartbreaks. The only people that I could actually talk to about this kind of stuff were Camille and Jo.

"Then maybe you should talk to him, Natalie. Straighten things out, go back to Palm Woods and see him again. I can tell that you really do love Kendall."

I let Uncle Mark's words sink in as they left my room, closing the door behind them. He's right, I need to talk to Kendall, but I still need time. We broke up two days ago, and my heart is still shattered from what he did to me, in front of me.

I got dressed and told my aunt and uncle that I was going to go see Angelina, my best friend from Minnesota. I still remembered where she lived, considering I haven't been gone too long to forget her address. When I reached the front steps of her house, I rang the doorbell.

Angelina opened the door and was frozen in place. "Natalie?" I smiled and she let me inside of her house and led me to her extremely pink room. Last time I was here, it was not this pink.

"I didn't know you were coming back home. I thought you moved to California for a career in singing. But I'm happy that you're back, I missed my best friend." I hugged her and refused to let go.

"So, why did you move back?" As I started to talk about it, I didn't feel the tears wanting to fall down my face. Maybe because I cried so much, I had no more tears left to cry.

"You were dating Kendall from Big Time Rush?" Angelina's eyes were literally popping out of her head by now. "Yeah, was. He's the reason why I came back. I'm not going into any detail so don't ask." I laughed, and this was the first time that I laughed in a long time.

"I won't. But girl, you were so lucky. My favorite is Carlos, and I was thinking that you should hook me up with him." I started laughing and so did she. Maybe if I ever decide to text the guys, I'll tell Carlos about Angelina and try to get them together. But they would have to do long distance because, and no offense to Angelina, she has no talent in anything.

We talked for countless hours when I realized that it was nearing nine and I had to head back home before I get yelled at. I snuck through the back door and quietly ran across the hall to my bedroom and shut the door. I changed out of my clothes in the dark and put on my pajamas. When I laid down, a faint smell of cologne filled my nose. I pushed my head down and realized that I was wearing Kendall's shirt.

Kendall gave me this shirt the day before I caught him cheating on me. I resisted the urge to get up and change out of it. Moments later, I fell asleep, wearing Kendall's shirt that brought back memories.

Vote & Comment!