Chapter 16

Natalie

What I saw in front of me tore my heart into a thousand of pieces. Kendall, my boyfriend, was kissing another girl. Before I knew it, tears were steaming down my face before I could even stop it. I stormed away from the pool and ran towards the lobby, hoping to get away from all of this.

"Natalie, wait!" I heard him yell from behind me. I shook my head and continued until I was a foot away from Bitters desk. I stopped to breathe, then continued running until Kendall called my name again. "Please!" I stopped, and I turned around, my face stained with tears.

"I'm sorry Natalie. I don't know what I was thinking, I—" I cut him off before he could even finish his sentence. I stood my guard and tried not to let my tears flow through my body again, but I knew that I would fail.

"No. This was supposed to be my happy place, Kendall. I thought that moving out here for a career would be good for me. I didn't think that two months of living here, that I would regret it. When I told you that I was leaving Palm Woods, I should've just left when I had the chance. And when I saw you with her, I- I couldn't do it anymore." I broke down. I let all my anger and emotions flow out of my body like there was no tomorrow.

"Stop, Natalie, just hear me out, please." Kendall reached out and placed his hand on my lower arm. I backed away, my teeth clenching. "Don't touch me." I growled at him. He moved his hand away, and let it drop to his side. "Can you let me explain?" He asked, and I just kept backing away from him.

"Just leave me alone." I bolted up the stairs until I got to my apartment door. My mom wasn't home, so I took over the couch and cried into the pillows. I really liked Kendall, no, I loved Kendall, but he broke me. He cheated on me with some girl he just met.

Someone knocked on my door and right away, I figured it was Kendall. "Go away Kendall! I don't want to see you!" The knocking didn't stop. "It's Jo. Can I come in?" I sat up and walked over to open the door for her to come in. It was silent for a few minutes until I spoke. "Kendall cheated on me." My head was down and in my knees, and I was rocking myself back and forth like a toddler.

"I know." Jo said, slowly. I lifted my head up and I saw a look of guilt on her face. "What?" I asked, still rather confused. "I saw them kissing when I went to go find James. Then when we were on the lawn, I saw them again and I mouthed to Kendall to just leave. I'm really sorry Natalie, I should've told you right when it happened."

My mouth dropped open. Jo knew about him cheating but didn't tell me? I thought she was my friend. My face was getting hot and I knew that I was about to scream.

"You knew, and you didn't tell me? I had to find out for myself, Jo! Do you know how much it hurt to see the guy I loved kissing another girl? No, you don't. I think you need to go. And to think I could actually call you a friend." I screamed at her, and I made her leave.

I called Camille over and asked her if she knew about Kendall cheating. She didn't know anything about it, and I was more than happy that I still had one of my girls on my side, but I couldn't stay here anymore. Yes, I know I got the part to New Town High, but with me and Jo in a fight, and me and Kendall broken up, I don't want to see them every day and dwell on what happened.

"Camille, I want you to tell the director of New Town High that I won't be a new cast mate of the show. I also need you to tell the guys, besides Kendall, that I love them so much and I'll really miss them."

"Miss them? Natalie, what are you saying?" Camille looked worried as I said the last words.

"I'm moving back to Minnesota and I'm going to live with my aunt. My mom is staying here because she got a job as Bitter's assistant manager." I replied, standing up and walking to my room.

"Natalie, you can't leave this behind. This is your home."

I turned around to Camille. This isn't my home. My home is Minnesota. My family and friends live there. Palm Woods is where talented people live, and I don't belong to live in such a beautiful place like this. I've made many great, and terrible, memories while staying here for almost three months.

"I belong in Minnesota. Not here." I ended the discussion and finished packing up the last of my suitcases. I would be leaving first thing in the morning, and Camille would be staying with me tonight. The thought of the guys reaction to me leaving is horrifying to me because I don't know what they're going to do when I'm gone.

Vote & Comment!