Chapter 33

Kendall

After hearing about Gustavo being Natalie's real father, I tried my hardest to stay by her side and make sure that she calmed down enough to go back to her apartment.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but you really should apologize to your mom and Gustavo. I know you're rather upset, but your mom and d- Gustavo probably are too." I stopped myself from calling Gustavo her dad so that I wouldn't get slapped in the face.

Natalie's face was getting flustered, but eventually went back to normal.

"I guess I should. Could you come with me though?" She gave me the puppy dog face and I definitely couldn't resist it. "Of course." I smiled and kissed her passionately. It was quiet for a moment, the Natalie spoke up again.

"Can you believe we've been together for almost a year? Feels like yesterday I met you." I reflected back on the day that Natalie arrived. "That was one of the most amazing days of my entire life." I pictured a life with Natalie in the future, although it may still be very early to imagine that.

"We better get going."

We left my apartment and headed off to Natalie's. If I was Natalie, I wouldn't want to speak to either of them too. But Natalie can't hide from this, she has to forgive them sooner or later.

"Natalie? Thank god you're here." Ms. Green ran up and hugged her daughter. "Hi, Ms. Green. Gustavo." I gave her mom a warm smile but glared at Gustavo for breaking my girlfriend.

"Kendall. How are you honey?" I looked back at her and smiled once again. "I'm fine, and you?" She nodded her head in response and led me and Natalie to the couch, and we sat opposite of Gustavo so that Natalie wouldn't try to attack him.

"Mom, Gustavo, I want to apologize for the outburst a few hours ago. I just didn't expect this to happen and find out about this years later, and I'm sorry." Natalie felt incredibly sorry for the way that she treated her "family" and I would too if I was in her situation.

"Sweetie, it's okay. I understand where you came from and you don't know how sorry I am for not saying anything about this to you. Gustavo and I both are extremely sorry."

Gustavo looked away from Ms. Green and was now looking at his daughter. Natalie was fighting back tears as she looked back at her father.

"Natalie, dear, if I could go back to sixteen years ago, I would. I hate myself for leaving you guys. I wanted a family so bad, don't get me wrong, but I didn't think I was ready once your mom told me she was pregnant with you. If you don't want to forgive me for what I did, I understand. I just...I want to be apart of your life." What happened next shocked me to another level.

Natalie walked over to Gustavo and hugged him. "Of course I can, dad."

It turns out that Natalie's real name is actually Natalie Rocque, and not Natalie Green.

Gustavo invited me to stay over and have dinner with them, and I agreed to staying and getting to know Natalie's family a little better. We laughed and had a great time, and I felt like Natalie was happy to have her family back as a whole.

"Remember when you were little, you threw a ball at that one kid?" Ms. Green was laughing while telling a story. Natalie's face was bright red from the embarrassment and I had to keep myself from laughing so hard at her reaction.

"Okay, mom, I was five! He took my candy and wouldn't give it back!" Natalie was still laughing, and even Gustavo was laughing, which is something we never saw before.

"Hey Kendall, I'm sorry for the way I've treated you and the do- boys lately. I believe that finding my family again really brought out the good side of me."

"Not a problem. Maybe it is time we get more respect from you." I lightly laughed, still afraid that Gustavo might end up snapping, but to my surprise, he didn't.

"And I will give you the respect that you guys deserve." I saw him smile.

We laughed and talked for more than half the night when I looked at the time and saw that it was getting late. "As much fun as I had, I better get going. Thank you for the dinner, I appreciate it." I said my goodbyes and kissed Natalie before I left.

"I love you and I'll see you tomorrow."

"I love you too." Then she shut the door.

Vote & Comment