Part 26

Khushi ran down to the living area and stood holding a chair tightly; still trying to get on a grip on her heavy breathing and her throbbing heart. Arnav came down and touched her shoulders from behind and said: khushi... 

She turned around and said: woh hum..humey zara (I am actually...) 

He smiled and said: khushi main office jaa raha hoon... then brushed her nose with his fingers and said: bye (khuhi...I am going to office) 

As arnav went away, khushi closed her eyes and clutched her dupattaa. 

The people at Arnav's office were surprised to see him walk into the office with a faint smile on his lips. This was the first time they saw their boss smiling. He walked to his cabin and sat down on the chair recalling all that happened since last evening..khushi drunk, her words, her kisses, the conversation in the morning and his kiss...everything happened so fast in the past few hours and there was no more denying the fact that arnav singh raizada was madly in love with his crazy and beautiful wife. He smiled thinking how she was unsure of what happened between them last night; he thought of teasing her again. 

Nani,mami and mama were back at shantivan. Khushi was busy talking to them when her phone rang. She saw arnav's name and her hands went numb. She couldn't even pick up the phone. 

Nani: kya hua bitiya..phone uthaiye (what happened ...pick up the call) 

Mami: helo hi bye bye..pehele kabhi tumra phonewa nehi baja kaa..aise phonewa dekhat rahi ho jaisan pharst time dekha..waisan kiska phone hai..who izz? (is your phone ringing for the first time? Have you not seen it before...who is it?) 

Khushi looked at mami nervously: ar..arnavji.. 

Mami: to phonewa uthaike helo hi karo... 

Khushi picked up finally and said: he..hello 

Arnav said in ASR tone: what the...phone uthane mein itna time kyun laga? (why did you take so much time to pick up the phone) 

Khushi was startled at his sudden change of tone and said: woh ..hum... she got a grip on herself and said: aapne phone kyun kiya? (actually i... why have you called?) 

Arnav changed his tone immediately and said huskily: yeh batane ke liye ke kaal raat tumne jo bhi kaha... (to tell you whatever you said last night...) 

Khushi panicked immediately: kaal raat..hum ...she looked at nani and mami who were smiling...she moved away a little and said: hu..humey kuch yaad nehi ki humne kya kaha... (last night.... I don't remember what I said last night) 

Arnav: lekin mujhe to yaad hai...(but I remember..) 

Khushi: aap..aapko yaad hai...(you remember...) 

Arnav: haan khushi...I mean I didn't know ki tum mere baarey mein... his voice became huskier as he said these making her blush even harder. (yes khushi...I mean I didn't know you think this about me..) 

Khushi muttered: hey devi maaiya humne aisa kya kahey diya... then she said loudly: dekhiye arnavji hum nehi jantey humne kya kaha..(oh god what did I say... look arnavji I don't know what I have said..) 

Arnav: aapne dimag pe thoda zor daalo , shayed yaad aa jaye... aww no..tum aisa nehi kar sakti..(put a little more stress on your brain..may be that will help you recall...aww no..you can't do this) 

Khushi frowned: kyun? (why?) 

Arnav: woh actually tumhare pass dimag nehi hai na (actually you don't have brains na)