Part 72

The lawyer came next morning. Arnav called in lavanya and the discussion started.
Arnav: Mr. Roy first and foremost mujhe aapni biwi se divorce chahiye...and I want it right now

Mr. Roy: lekin Mr. Raizada itni jaldi divorce milna.. (Mr. Roy first and foremost I want a divorce from my wife...and I want it right now)

Arnav: I don't care Mr. Roy... Maine aapko paise problems discuss karne ke nehi par solution ke liye diye hai..(I don't care Mr. Roy.... I have paid you not to discuss problems but to find a solution)

Mr.Roy kept quite. 

Arnav: I want the divorce right away..damn it! Aur dusri aur sabse important baat...aap ek agreement banaiye jismein lavanya sara property mere yani arnav singh raizada ke naam transfer karegi...( I want the divorce right away..damn it! And secondly you make an agreement which will state that lavanya will transfer all the property in my name)

He turned to lavanya and said: jaise hi khushi ka aur mera divorce paper pe sign ho jayenge..tum in papers pe sign kar dogi... Deal? (as soon as we sign the divorce papers you will sign these papers)

Lavanya: deal asr... 

Arnav: aur divorce ka process khatam hone ke baad we will get married.(and once I get a divorce we will get married) 

Lavanya: but asr.. 

Arnav turned to Mr. Roy and said: so Mr. Roy...you heard that right? Now get going.

Mr. Roy left. Arnav was about to leave, when lavanya said: one minute asr... Lekin iska kya proof hai ki in sab ke baad tum mujhse shaadi kar loge..(one minute asr...but what is the guarantee that you will marry me after that)

Arnav: well in that case lavanya, you don't have a choice...kyunki agar tumne papers transfer nehi kiye then you forget the wedding...then even I will not am not going to sign the divorce papers...

Waise you are right tum kaise man logi ki main tumse shaadi karunga... Lemme think...oh yes...main tumhe kuch batana to bhul hi gaya....(but you are right...how will you trust me...lemme think...oh yes...I forgot to give you something)

He handed over some papers to her and said: this is for you

Lavanya was confused to the core and said: yeh kya hai asr..(what is this asr?)

Arnav: yeh insurance papers hai...10 crore ka...well agar shaadi ke baad Mrs. Lavanya Singh Raizada ko kuch ho gaya to... He smirked (these are insurance papers...worth 10 crore...if something happens to Mrs. Lavanya Singh Raizada after marriage then...)

Lavanya was hell scared now. What was he talking about!! Life insurance..and all...means he was thinking about her death..but why...

Arnav looked at her face and said: lavanya I guess ab to tumhe yakin ho gaya na ki hum shaadi kar rahe hai..(I hope now you trust me that we are getting married)

Lavanya didn't know what to say. She should have been happy with whatever arnav was saying but she also knew that she had forced him for this. Hence, she was not at peace.

Arnav took few steps, stopped and said turning back: lavanya this calls for a celebration... How about lunch?

Lavanya smiled and said: yes asr! Though she was very scared from inside, she agreed to arnav.

Lavanya convinced herself: asr shayed mujhse gussa hai kyunki maine usey is marriage ke liye force kiya... But koi baat nehi...main bhi lavanya kashyap hoon... Aaha...lavanya singh raizada...mujhe pata hai ki kaise asr ko manana hai....(he is angry with me because I forced him into this marriage...but doent matter...I am lavanya kashyap...actually lavanya singh raizada...I know how to manage things)

She went to room and excited about the lunch date with arnav. Arnav and lavanya went for lunch after sometime. Lavanya tried to look her best and tried everything to make arnav fall for her. Arnav was as cold as ever.

Lavanya asked: asr tum khush to ho na? (asr are you happy)

Arnav : yeah... Now that I am getting my property back I am happy..

Lavanya: asr mera matlab shaadi se tha...(I meant the wedding)

Arnav: mujhe ussey koi fark nehi padta...and I think you know that... So khushi or you meri patni koi bhi ho..that doesn't change anything for Arnav Singh Raizada..(it doesn't matter to me...so khushi or you...whoever it is ...doesn't change anything for arnav singh raizada)

In the evening: 

Khushi was in sheesh mahal, roaming about the whole building. Last time when she came here she didn't manage to see it all. Today there was no one around and she had nothing to do so she thought of taking a tour of the palatial building.

She moved around and saw the rooms which she didn't see before. She stopped infront of a store room, which seemed interesting. But there was too much dust and dirt around. She first partially cleaned the room and stepped inside. There was a half lock cupboard, lots of boxes... old utensils, few broken furnitures. She opened one such box and saw lots of trophies...all with arnav's name engraved on it... one said best student of the year, one said champion.. She felt very proud of her arnav. Next she moved to the half opened cupboard and opened it, a football fell on her feet. She picked it up and kept it aside. She was sure it belonged to her laad governor. Her eyes fell on an album covered with dust. She wiped it and took it her hand and flipped through the pages. First page had a baby taking bath in a tub, a little girl standing beside and arnav's mom holding the baby. Khushi opened her mouth in awe: haaw...yeh laad governor hai! (haaw...is this laa governor?)

She couldn't stop smiling at her little laad governor. She brought her lips near the pic and kissed it.

Khushi looked at the little girl and said: di kitni pyaari lag rahi hai....(di is looking so cute)

Another pic had baby arnav crawling and smiling in his trade mark lopsided way. Anjali with a teddy bear was another pic. She looked very cute in a pink frock.

The next one had arnav pulling the teddy angrily from anjali.

Khushi looked at the kid and said: gussa to dekho itne se laad governor ka...(look at his anger)

Next pic had arnav crying and anjali trying to give him the teddy, but it seemed he was refusing to take as he has his face turned the other away.

Khushi: arey yeh kya...ab rone bhi lag gaye....aaww nehi rotey...(now he is crying...don't cry...)

She kissed on the photo and then hit her head and said: khushi tu bhi na...

There were pics of arnav with his trophies. As a young lad also arnav stood out from the rest. Khushi couldn't deny the fact that her husband was very cute as a kid and even in a very young age he carried a lot of attitude.

She cleaned all trophies and brought them out and kept them in the living area. She then took the album and went to her room. Khushi couldn't stop looking at the pic where arnav was crawling. She found it absolutely amusing.

Khushi: kisne socha tha ki yeh pyaara sa golu sa bachha bara hokey ek bhayankar laad governor banega... She giggled. (who thought this kid will grow up to be a laa governor)

She looked at the pic and continued: aapko pata hai jab aap barey honge tab aapki mulakat khushi se hogi... She made a face and said: pehele to aap naak fulake what the what the karenge...lekin baad mein aapko pyaar ho jayega...(you know when you will grow up you will meet khushi.... At first you will fight with her and say what the what the....but eventually you will fall in love with her)

Aur itna pyaar ho jayega ki ek pal bhi ussey dur raha nehi jayega... Said a voice.(so much that it would not be possible to stay away from her even for a minute)

Khushi being khushi looked at the pic once with round eyes: aap kaise bol.... (how did you..)And then realising her stupidity looked at the door and saw arnav standing there with his arms crossed and a wide smile.

She stood up and said: aap??(you??) 

She put her hand on her forehead and said:Hey devi maaiya..firse!!(oh god..again!!)
Arnav smiled.