Part 90

Next morning arnav woke up with the first ray of sunlight. Actually he hardly slept last night. The bed was small and the whole night he remained awake out of fear that his movements might end up hurting khushi. But because he didn't sleep whole night he discovered one more thing about khushi...her sleep talks!

He recalled how he initially didn't realise when he heard a voice in the room. He looked around but it was actually coming from his side.

Khushi had a smile on his face as she said: devi maaiya aap to janti hai na ki hum aapse kuch nehi chhupatey..us din jo humne daftaar jaatey waqt arnavji se kaha tha ki hamari tabiyaat kharab lag rahi hai, humey chakkar aa rahe hai, wohi jiski wajah se arnavji office nehi gaye they aur ghar baithey phone pe amanji ko daraya tha.... asal mein naa hum bilkul thik they....(God you know na that I don't hide anything from you...that day when I had stopped arnavji from going to office by saying that I was not feeling well...the day when he screamed at amanji from home..i was absolutely fine that day)

Arnav had said a faint what the hearing this but he was more eager to hear the rest.

Khushi continued pouting her lips in her sleep: woh humey na arnavji ke sath waqt bitane ka man kar raha tha....humey man kar raha thi ki hum...(she blushed in her sleep- arnav was amazed at the sight)...bas unki bahon mein din bhar bitaye....(I just wanted to spend some time with him... I wanted to be in his arms the whole day)

She complained: aap to janti hai na agar hum laad governor ko aise kehetey to zarur mana kar dete..hamesha hum jo kehetey hai uska ulta hi to kartey hai...(you know na if I would have said this he would have surely said no....he always does the opposite of what I say)

Then she mumbled something more, which arnav couldn't make out. Then suddenly snuggled deeper into arnav's chest and fell into a deep sleep.

Arnav kissed her lightly on her forehead and touched her cheek. He looked at the sleeping beauty beside her and said: pata nehi har baar..har baar tum kaise yeh saabit karti ho ki tumhara pyaar mere liye har din barta hai...(don't know how you prove everytime that your love for me increases every day)

Arnav came back from his thoughts because of the movement from khushi's side.

Khushi opened her eyes and smiled at arnav saying: good morning!

He gave peck on his lips and said: good morning!

He helped her sit up. These days she really had trouble moving around as her bump had grown a lot.

After making her sit properly on the bed, arnav asked: tum thik ho? (are you alright?)

Khushi gave half smile nodding her head in agreement.

Arnav: Ab to bas kuch hi dino ki baat hai...tumhe darr to nehi lag raha na..I mean..(it's a matter of few days now...are you feeling scared?)

He kissed her on the head.

Khushi held his hand and said: jab aap sath hai to fir humey kisi baat ka koi darr nehi hai...(I am not scared because you are there with me)

Then suddenly khushi's eyes fell on arnav's eyes which were red due to lack of sleep in the night.

Khushi: arey arnavji aapki aankhein aise laal kyun hai? Aap raat bhar thik se soye nehi kya?(why are your eyes red? Didn't you sleep properly last night?)

She looked around the room and realization dawned on her that it was very obvious that he wasn't comfortable in this house. She was so carried away by her own happiness of seeing her parents that she forgot about arnav's discomfort completely. Immediately she was apologetic.