Part 79

Arnav looked at her from the glass door. The oxygen mask was now removed. She smiled faintly seeing the family members. A lone tear escaped her eye. Her gaze moved from one member to the other but was unable to see those chocolate brown eyes. She looked helplessly at nani and said faintly: a..arnavji...

Hearing this from outside arnav went away from the place. He sat in his car and drove away as fast as he could. It was almost 11pm in the night. The streets of lucknow were fairly empty. His car raced and raced like crazy.

He didn't know how far he drove or where he was heading to but he kept on driving till he felt he had no control on anything anymore. He applied sudden brakes and his car screeched to a halt. He first put down his head on the steering and then let out a huge scream, which echoed in every corner of the empty streets...that was probably the only way by which he could let out the pain inside him.

He punched once on the steering and said: kyun khushi kyun? Kyun tum mujhse itna pyaar karti ho? Behoshi ke haal mein bhi tumne mujhe yaad kiya..aur ab aapni aankhein kholne par bhi tumhari nazrein mujhe dhoond rahi thi.....(why khushi why? Why do you love me so much? Even subconsciously you took my name and now again after opening your eyes you were searching for me)

Main tumharey pyaar ke layek nehi hoon...I don't deserve you...I don't... tumne barbar saabit kiya ki tum mujhse kitna pyaar karti ho..jabki I have failed everytime.... Main tumse nazrein nehi mila sakta....I can't...(I am not worth your love... I don't deserve you...I don't...you have always proved your love for me..whereas I have failed everytime...how will I look into your eyes)

He put his head down...he was not getting any direction. Suddenly his phone beeped. He looked at it and saw a reminder pop up which said: adhey ghantey mein hamara janamdin hai,aap jaise laad governor ka koi bharosa nehi, pata nehi yaad hoga bhi ya nehi, isiliye humne khud alarm lagaya...khushi :) (its my birthday in half an hour...I don't trust a laad governor like you to remember my birthday..so I have put an alarm in advance...khushi : ) )

A smile crossed his lips immediately. She had put up a reminder alarm for her birthday on his phone...only khushi can do something like this. He realised he had actually felt good and light in his heart about something first time ever since this incident happened and the reason for his happiness was again khushi herself. How did he forget that they were inseparable? He can't be away from her. He looked at his watch. It was 11.35pm...25 mins to her birthday. He started the car and headed towards the hospital.

On the other hand ever since khushi opened her eyes, she searched for arnav.

She looked at anjali and said: di...arnavji...woh kaha hai? Woh thik to hai na? (di where is arnavji...is he fine?)

Anjali stroked her hair and said: aapke bina chhotey kaise thik ho saktey hai...lekin ab woh zarur thik honge..she smiled...aapko dekh ke (how can he be fine without you...but now he will surely be fine seeing you)

Nani looked at aakash and said: aakash bitwa chhotey kaha hai...woh dikhai nehi de rahe hai...(where is chhotey...cant see him)

Aakash: main dekhta hoon nani..(I'll see nani)

In the meantime the nurse came in and said: aap sab abhi bahar jaiye..patient ko abhi aaram karna hai...(you all please go out now..patient needs to rest)

Khushi again looked at everyone and said: humey arnavji se milna hai...woh kaha hai?(I want to meet arnavji...where is he?)

Everyone looked at each other as none of them had the answer. Knowing her sister very well payal said: khushi abhi tu aaram kar...fir arnavji se mil le na...(khushi please take rest...then u meet arnavji)

Khushi: par jiji...(but jiji)

The nurse again requested them to leave. They all came out.

Anjali looked at rishab and aakash and said: ajeeb baat hai..chhotey kaha gaye... Humey to chinta ho rahi hai...(strange..where did he go...I am worried now)

Payal: haan humey bhi ajeeb lag raha hai jab arnavji ko pata hai ki khushi ko hosh aa gaya hai fir woh mile bina kyun chaley gaye(I am also finding it strange that inspite of knowing the fact that khushi is back to her senses he went away without meeting her)

Nani: aakash bitwa zara arnav bitwa ko phone lagaiye...(Call him up)

Aakash said: ji nani (yes)

He was about to dial arnav's number when anjali saw arnav coming. Anjali went towards him, followed by the others and asked: chhotey tum kaha chaley gaye they...khushiji tumhe kabse dhoond rahi hai...(where have you been...khushiji is looking for you)

Arnav was about to walk towards khushi's cabin, when anjali held his hand and said: chhotey khushiji abhi aaram kar rahi hai...tum abhi mat jao...(chhotey...she is taking rest now..dont go now)

Arnav tried to protest: par di...(but di)

Just then, the nurse came out and complained: patient arnavji se milne ki zid kar rahi hai...woh so nehi rahi hai (she wants to meet arnavji and is not sleeping)

Arnav's lips curved up in a faint smile hearing this and he rushed inside without a word.

As he went near the door and looked at khushi his eyes started to fill up with tears yet another time. Khushi looked at him. His clothes were blood stained, his tired unshaven face, his swollen red eyes...so unlikely of the business tycoon arnav singh raizada who was always perfect. Arnav was finding it difficult to hold back his tears as his eyes met hers. But he was arnav singh raizada...how could he cry infront of khushi everytime

He put up an angry look on his face and said gritting his teeth: samajhti kya ho tum aapne aap ko? Soyi kyun nehi ab tak? He scolded her; his tears threatening to betray him any moment. (what do you think of yourself..why didn't you sleep as yet)

Khushi looked at him with a smile. Tears were flowing from her eyes.

He yelled another time: what's so funny...muskura kyun rahi ho damn it!( what's so funny...why are you smiling damn it)

Khushi's smile grew wider and her tear drops escaped her eye as she said: iss haal mein bas aap hi humey daant saktey hai...laad governor kahike!! (only you can scold me in this condition...laad governor!)

Arnav couldn't control himself anymore. He held her hand, sat beside her and broke down into tears. He kept weeping like a child. Khushi put her other hand on his and said: hum thik hai arnavji...(I am fine arnavji)

He looked up and said: I am sorry khushi...meri wajah se tumhe ekbar firse....i am really sorry...( I am sorry khushi...again because of me....i am really sorry...)

She lifted her hand and wiped his tears and then extended her hands a little inviting him to come into her arms. He understood, moved closer and rested his head on her chest and she immediately wrapped her arms around him clutching his head as close to her chest as possible. That was the best possible thing that could have happened to both of them at that time. They needed to feel each other, needed to hear their heartbeat, needed to breathe in sync.