Part 71

Khushi entered sheesh mahal. This time it was a very different feeling. She felt like crying as she looked at the building. Her arnav, who held her hand and led her inside last time was not there with her. Her practical mind knew the reasons very well, but somehow her heart was refusing to listen to anything. She stepped into the bedroom and looked around. She could still hear her laughter in the room, she could still feel arnav's intense gaze on her, his teasing, her blushing...everything was so fresh in her memory. And this house was a witness to all of that. Tears started flowing thick and fast from her eyes.

She covered her face and started sobbing saying: arnavji...!!

Arnav on the other hand didn't step out of his room ever since khushi left. Khushi's absence, even if it was planned was killing him. He used to make fun of anjali whenever she used to talk about love, about two bodies and one soul..but today every second seemed to be a punishment. Khushi's smile, her crazy antics which probably only she could think of, their fights, her complaining with a baby face, her silent tears, her happiness at little things... Oh how he missed her!

He dialed her number again. 

Khushi had her face covered with her palm when she heard her phone buzzing and without even looking at the screen she was sure it was arnav. She picked up and to her surprise the first words which arnav said was: ro rahi thi tum? (are you crying?)

Khushi sniffed and said: ne..nehi to..(no..no)

Arnav stood up and said angrily gritting his teeth: ab kyun ro rahi ho damn it...jab maine itni bar kaha then you didn't listen to me...(why are you crying now damn it...when I said so many times..you didn't listen to me..)

He yelled in frustration as he knew she was sad but he was unable to do anything.

Arnav screamed: ab chup kyun ho.. Say something damn it! (why are you quiet...say something damn it!)

Khushi started crying loudly after getting the scolding from arnav. Hearing her sobs arnav came back to his senses. He realised what he was doing and said quickly: khushi..I am sorry...I didn't mean to....khushi please mat ro... Khu...( khushi..I am sorry...I didn't mean to....khushi please don't cry... Khu...)

She disconnected the call unable to control herself anymore. Arnav threw the phone on the floor in extreme frustration. He then stormed out of the hotel and drove in full speed to sheesh mahal. He rushed inside the house and pushed open the half shut bedroom door to find khushi sitting on the bed staring at the floor with tears streaming down her eyes. Khushi looked up and was surprised to see arnav. Arnav walked in and pulled her up from the bed. He looked at her face briefly. Khushi was unsure of his reaction. She thought he would yell at her. But instead arnav cupped her face and gave her fleeting kisses all over the face and once he was out of breath, he pulled her in a very tight hug. He kept his eyes closed. After a while khushi tried to break the hug but arnav didn't let her.

Khushi: arnavji aapko aise yahaan nehi aana chahiye tha..agar koi dekh lega to..(you shouldn't have come like this..what if someone sees)

Arnav didn't reply. He kept hugging her.

Khushi:aap sun rahe hai na hamari baat..hum kahey rahe they ki..(are you listening to me..i am saying that..)

He held her arms and broke the hug and said: sshh... ab main bolunga aur tum sunogi...agar ajke baad mujhe in ankhon mein ek bhi aasu dikhai diye to fir main kisi bhi cheez ki parwa kiye bina tumhe aapne sath le jaunga....is that clear? (shh..now I will say and you will hear. If I see a single tear drop in your eyes from now on..i will take you along with me without caring about anything else)