Part 27

After a while they head nani calling them: khushi bitiya..zara neeche aaiye (khushi please come downstairs) 

They quickly moved apart. Khushi took few seconds, after she got a grip on herself she went down followed by arnav. 

Nani: khushi bitiya aapki buaji phone kiye rahi, aapke babuji ki tabiyaat achanak kharab ho gayi (your buaji had called..your father is not well) 

Khushi panicked: naniji kya hua babuji ko? (what happened to him) 

Nani: madhumatiji kahey rahi thi ki achanak behosh ho gaye they....unhone doctor ko khabar kar di ....aap abhi chhhotey ke sath waha jaaiye (she was saying that he had fainted...they have called for the doctor..you both go there now) 

Khushi started crying. 

Nani consoled her; bitiya aap ghabrayiye naahi...sab thik ho jayega..devi maaiya pe bharosa rakhiye..aur aap kuch din wohi rahiye unke sath...payal bitiya bhi yahaan nehi hai (don't worry..everything will be fine...have faith in God..and stay with them for few days..payal is not here as well) 

Khushi: ji nani (ok ) 

Arnav: come khushi I will drop you 

Khushi quickly went to her room and started packing her bag. Arnav came and held her hand and lifted her face and as predicted there were tears in her eyes. Arnav stepped forward and hugged her and said: don't worry khushi kuch nehi hoga..(everything will be fine) 

Khushi's voice cracked up as she said: arnavji humey bohot darr lag raha hai (I am feeling very scared) 

Arnav cupped her face and said: khushi main hoon na tumharey sath...don't worry kuch nehi hoga (I am there with you...nothing will happen) 

He kissed her on the forehead and said: come lets go 

They headed for gupta house. Khushi remained quiet all through the journey. She was very tensed. Arnav looked at her and understood what she was going through. He softly kept his hand on hers and half closed her eyes to assure her yet another time. 

They reached gupta house. Arnav and khushi entered and saw the doctor doing the check up. 

Arnav asked the doctor: doctor..is everything okay? 

Doctor: maine dawaai de di hai..filal inhe araam ki bohot zarurat hai..dhyaan rahe inhe kisi cheez ki tension na ho.main abhi chalta hoon (I have given him medicines...he should rest completely..take care that he doesn't take stress..i shall leave now) 

Arnav: thanks doctor 

After the doctor left arnav looked at khushi. She was standing by the bedside looking sadly at her father who was lying on the bed with his eyes closed. Arnav held khushi's hand and took her inside. 

Once they were inside the room arnav said: khushi, don't worry..everything will be fine..main abhi jaa raha hoon...agar kuch zarurat ho to call me..okay?? (I am going now...give me a call if you need something) 

Khushi nodded her head slowly. As arnav walked towards the door, khushi rushed towards him and hugged him from the back resting her head on his back. Arnav was taken by surprise. He turned around, smiled and kissed her on her cheeks and said: bye! 

Khushi walked to the door and watched him drive away in his car. Khushi gave medicines to her father, chatted with her mother and buaji for a while and once she saw that shashi was fine and was sleeping she went to her room. Khushi was in her room at gupta house after a long time. She lied down on the bed and recalled everything that happened throughout the day. 

She blushed thinking how they confessed their feelings towards each other. 

She looked at her phone, made a face and said: aapko pata hai,humey aapki kitni yaad aa rahi hai (you know how much I am missing you) 

Her phone rang just then and she smiled looking at arnav's name on the screen. She picked up and before she said hello, arnav said: mere baarey mein soch rahi thi na? (you were thinking about me na) 

Khushi: haan (yes) 

Arnav: I see... 

Khushi: hamara matlab nehi to...hum kyun aapke baarein mein sochey (I mean no...why should I think about you) 

Arnav: I don't know..shayed tum mujhe bohot miss kar rahi ho and... He teased her (I don't know may be you are missing me) 

Khushi: nehi (no) 

Arnav said in a sad voice: oh...I thought ki tum mujhe..anyways let it be.. (oh I thought that you were missing me...let it be) 

Sensing the sad tone in his voice, khushi said in one breath: nehi arnavji aap nehi jantey humey aapki kitni yaad aa rahi thi, hum aapke barey mein hi soch rahe they aur aap hi ko phone karnewale they..hum to bas mazak kar rahe they.. (no you don't know how much I was missing you...I was thinking about you and was about to call you..i was joking) 

Arnav laughed and said: main bhi..(me too) 

Khushi realised he had tricked her to speak out the truth again. 

Khushi said: aap bohot burey hai..hamesha hamarey sath aisa kartey hai...(you are very bad..you always do this do me) 

Arnav: hamesha karta rahunga (will always do) 

Khushi: haaw..kyun?? (why??) 

Arnav: haaw woh isliye kyunki jab main tumhara jhoot pakad leta hoon to tumhara chehra dekhne layek hota hai... Jaise...I m guessing ki iss waqt hai (that's because when I catch you red handed your face is a sight to see...like I am guessing its right now) 

Khushi answered back: hamarey chehra ka chhoriye aap apni shakal aayine mein tab dekha kijiye jab aap gussey mein hotey hai..aur what the what the kartey hai (leave me..see your face when you are angry and shout what the what the) 

Arnav smiled and said: ohkay ohkay...khushi bohot raat ho gayi hai..ab so jao(ohkay ohkay...its already lare...now sleep) 

Khushi smiled and said: aap bhi..(you too) 

Arnav: waise main thodi der mein aa raha hoon (I am coming in sometime) 

Khushi was shocked: kaha? (where) 

Arnav smiled and said huskily: in your dreams. 

Khushi blushed. They hung up and then went off to sleep thinking about each other.