Part 42

Later in the night, khushi and arnav were in their room discussing the plan. 

Khushi: arnavji humey sabse pehele yeh pata karna hai ki woh ladki kaun hai...aur shyaamji ke sath unka kabse rishta hai..aur humey aisa kuch karna parega jissey shyaamji khud kubul karey ki unhoney yeh sab kiya hai (we have to first find out who is that girl...and since when is she with shyaam... we have to do something so that shyaam admits everything himself) 

Arnav: khushi yeh sab kya ho gaya...di itni khush thi aur yeh sab..(I don't know how it happened...di was so happy and now all this..) 

Arnav rested his head on khushi's lap and she continued stroking his hair. Khushi: haan arnavji..pata nehi devi maaiya hamara kaunsa pariksha le rahi hai...lekin aap fikar mat kijiye..di ke sath kuch galat nehi hoga.. (I don't know why is god testing us..but don't worry.. no one can harm di)

She bent and kissed him on his forehead. Khushi kept looking at him and stroked his hair till he fell asleep. She could understand the turmoil that he was going through. After he slept off she placed his head on the pillow. Khushi thought: humne arnavji ko to dilasa de diya..lekin hum bhi khud bhi bohot daarey huye hai...di ki raksha karna devi maaiya..(i am very scared... god please protect di)

Next day evening, khushi went to that lady's house. She opened the door and said: ji aap? (you?)
From her question khushi understood that she didn't know anything about her.

Khushi smiled and said: ji namastey..hum aapke pados mein aaye hai..hamara naam preetika hai (I am your neighbour...my name is preetika)

The lady said: ji main rashmi..andaar aaiye na (I am rashmi..come in..)

The first thing she noticed when she walked inside that the lady was married and looking around she got a shock seeing her photos with shyaam hung on the wall.

Khushi asked:yeh..aapke..(is this your...) 

Rashmi: yeh hamarey pati hai (this is my husband) 

Khushi couldn't believe her ears. Shyaam was already married!! But she somehow composed herself and said: achha..kitne saal ho gaye aapke shaadi ko..(you are married since how long?)

Rashmi: yehi chaar saal (4 years..) 

Khushi said: cha..ar saal.. she thought: iska matlab shyaamji ne inse shaadi karne ke baad di se shaadi ki (four years...that means shyaam married di after marrying her)

Rashmi: achha aap baithiye hum aapke liye chaye banake laatey hai (ok you sit I will go and make tea for you) 

Khushi: ji shukriya..(thanks..) 

As she went inside khushi quickly searched for more clues. She saw an album in one of the drawers which had more such pictures of shyaam and rashmi together. Rashmi came back from the kitchen with tea in her hand. Khushi found out while talking to her that rashmi got married to shyaam four years back in patna and then shyaam came to delhi for work after an year of marriage. Khushi assumed that is when he married anjali. Rashmi told her that she had moved to delhi only a year back.

Rashmi: .....tab maine bhi unse kahey diya ki mujhey aapne sath le chaliye..mujhe achha nehi lagta aise..

Waise aap dilli mein kab se hai? (then I told him that take me along with you..i don't want to stay alone...by the way when did you come to delhi) 

Khushi: hum..hum to abhi abhi dilli aye hai..shaadi ke baad...woh kya hai na hum yahaan kisiko jantey nehi hai isiliye humne aapko dekha to socha ki aapse baat karlu..(I just came here few days back after maariage... I don't know anyone here..so when I saw you I thought of talking to you)